Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beckett Simonon Durant Oxford Brogue on their maiden voyage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
      Very nice!
      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post

Woah, those are stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
          A great pair of shoes for running Saturday morning errands – – Allen Edmonds nomad chukka boots in snuff colored suede. I really don’t seem to get to wear these enough.

They look great, perfectly shaped. I wish I got what they were going for with the white soles. An odd decision that turned me off of a shoe I’d totally buy otherwise. Damn I’m picky 🧐

Comment

A great pair of shoes for running Saturday morning errands – – Allen Edmonds nomad chukka boots in snuff colored suede. I really don’t seem to get to wear these enough.

I really like these. They look better here than in photos on the AE site.

Are they comfortable?

Comment

Originally posted by jays0n View Post
              I really like these. They look better here than in photos on the AE site.

Are they comfortable?

They are very comfortable--and because I'm a size 12.5, but these are 13's (they didn't have 12.5 on sale), they are even more comfortable with the insoles I put in.

Comment

Working at home in my new AE Acheson tassel loafers. Stole them for $146 including tax, thanks to a tip from [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]

Please pardon the wire jungle under my desk.

Also, my phone photos seem to be getting even worse. I gotta figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by mebejoseph; February 25, 2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working at home in my new AE Acheson tassel loafers. Stole them for $146 including tax, thanks to a tip from [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]

Please pardon the wire jungle under my desk.

Nice!!! How do you like them?

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                    Nice!!! How do you like them?
                    I like them quite a bit. Because of the limited sizes, I had to get a 12E, when I'm normally a 12.5D. But it's a nice comfy fit, especially across the toes, which is where I usually have problems--just a little tiny bit wide in the back. But better than most 12's, which I often need to stretch. It's hard to find 12.5, so I'm used to it.

However, my wife wonders why I need two pairs of blue suede shoes. I patiently explained that one pair is a loafer and the other an oxford. That's why.

Comment

Frye Jones nubuck double monk. Unfortunately I got a drop of chloroform:isoamyl alcohol on the left toe cap (not visible in picture).

Gonna see what I can do to minimize the "melted" shiny spot it left behind once I get home.

Science is no friend to style.
                      Last edited by Nandyn; February 26, 2019, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Crown Northampton sneakers. A recent purchase and the most comfortable sneakers I've worn.

Comment

Herring UK

Comment

Broke out my custom patina’d AE University shoes. These are on the narrow 333 last so only comfortable on days where I haven’t went for a run.

Comment

I like them quite a bit. Because of the limited sizes, I had to get a 12E, when I'm normally a 12.5D. But it's a nice comfy fit, especially across the toes, which is where I usually have problems--just a little tiny bit wide in the back. But better than most 12's, which I often need to stretch. It's hard to find 12.5, so I'm used to it.

However, my wife wonders why I need two pairs of blue suede shoes. I patiently explained that one pair is a loafer and the other an oxford. That's why.
                              First off, I like the shoes. I love blue suede and it just pairs so well with the design of this loafer. Great price as well. In addition I really like the sock color with the shoe. I have a blue suede derby on order from BS that I should be receiving in April and can't wait.

I was looking at the blue suede AE Nomad but I'm not a fan of the white sole.

As to the explanation you gave to your wife: How was it received?

I wonder if got a pair of the AE Daltons in dark chili if I could use a similar explanation with my wife as my existing pair are tan so really they are totally different and of course both absolutely necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty View Post
                                Crown Northampton sneakers. A recent purchase and the most comfortable sneakers I've worn.

Very nice. I like the tan sole. It gives it a little contrast but not as stark as the white sole on so many on similar style sneakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X