This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shade View Post
    [MENTION=17354]mebejoseph[/MENTION] those are bold and full of awesomeness!!!
    Yes [MENTION=17354]mebejoseph[/MENTION] wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron View Post
      Those are definitely making a statement.

What statement I am not sure but....

Seriously though, nice choice for the home office.
      The statement is, "There's no place like home."

Comment

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
        They look great! How often do you wear them?
        This pair is probably worn only once a month or so on average for the past 10 years, but closer to once per week during the first decade of their life.

They've had multiple heels and soles over the years, buy never had an AE reconditioning. Cedar shoe trees have been used regularly since day one to maintain the linings.

I'm dismayed reading the discussions about the recent changes at AE. I bought my first pair of AEs in 1981 and still have every shoe I purchased from them over the years. The most "recent" pair is now several years old. Properly fitted and selecting the right lasts, I've found them to be, by far, the most comfortable and durable dress shoes I've owned. I sure hope AE can regain their footing. It pains me to see what they have become.
        Last edited by minty007; February 19, 2019, 05:25 PM.
        Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Even though I am working at home, I am trying to make sure that I get into a work frame of mind by getting dressed and putting on shoes. So today my new, but inexpensive, Giorgio Brutini smoking slippers in red velvet with gold polkadots

Just for a touch of whimsy

My kind of gentleman! Sweet...

Comment

• Despite the problems, I'm still a fan for now--except to the extent they are expecting us to perform their QC work.

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
            This pairs is probably worn only once a month or so on average for the past 10 years, but closer to once per week during the first decade of their life.

They've had multiple heels and soles over the years, buy never had an AE reconditioning. Cedar shoe trees have been used regularly since day one to maintain the linings.

I'm dismayed reading the discussions about the recent changes at AE. I bought my first pair of AEs in 1981 and still have every shoe I purchased from them over the years. The most recent pair is now several years old. Properly fitted and selecting the right lasts, I've found them to be, by far, the most comfortable and durable dress shoes I've owned. I sure hope AE can regain their footing. It pains me to see what they have become.
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Thanks! I can't figure out why this company very recently seemed to shut production across their lines (Country & Exclusive collections). Rumor online is to focus on their private label stuff (for Herring & others), but something just seems off with that.

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
              So many of you all post some really great shoes on here, I feel bad not commenting on all of them--but I don't want to mess up the thread by constantly saying how much I like all of them.

But I LOVE these.

Comment

• AE Union Bluchers. One of my favorite pairs of shoes.

Comment

• AE shell Patriot

Comment

• AE Rothsays (Moc toe work boot sort of thing)

Comment

• Hanging at home with a buddy in my Haflinger woolies...

Comment

• J.Fitzpatrick Riviera in Walnut Museum Calf on MGF last. The coloring on these really changes based on the lighting. Photo to the left is today in bright, natural light, while the photo to the right is in a darker environment with artificial lighting.

Comment

They look great! How often do you wear them?
                          Them Park Ave are beautiful!

Comment

• [MENTION=19310]Banks[/MENTION] - I love the variation in color. When I worked in a more professional dress setting I wanted museum calf really bad but once I got out of that space the urge went away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

AE shell Patriot

From now on when I am looking for a new pair of loafers I will no longer visit the store or shop online. I will simply come to this thread and search your prior posts.

As if I have to say it, these are very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banks View Post
                                J.Fitzpatrick Riviera in Walnut Museum Calf on MGF last. The coloring on these really changes based on the lighting. Photo to the left is today in bright, natural light, while the photo to the right is in a darker environment with artificial lighting.

Wow. hard to believe these are the same shoes. You can really appreciate the marbling in the photo on the left. Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X