Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE “Fairgate” cap toes in brown/“cigar” shell. Recent eBay pickup, my first pair of brown shell. Kind of amazing how close it is to burgundy/Colour 8 shell. But it’s the little things...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

AE for Polo

Comment

Timberland Stormbuck Duck Chukka for all the snow and sleet we got here is Boston

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just in... I thought I'd try a pair of the clearance wingtip brogue boots from Express that appeared on the Dappered homepage a week or so ago. First impressions are favorable. Although they are not high-end handcrafted works of art, at $40 the value is pretty amazing. The construction is solid, fit is true to size and they are comfortable so far. We'll see how they hold up...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
            Just in... I thought I'd try a pair of the clearance wingtip brogue boots from Express that appeared on the Dappered homepage a week or so ago. First impressions are favorable. Although they are not high-end handcrafted works of art, at $40 the value is pretty amazing. The construction is solid, fit is true to size and they are comfortable so far. We'll see how they hold up...
            Even if they don't last--at $40, they look great!
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
              Absolutely. Those are sharp as f looking.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                Originally posted by Shade View Post
                Absolutely. Those are sharp as f looking.
                Thanks guys. And although they are now $8 more than I paid, it looks like they are still available for $48 in 6 sizes...

https://www.express.com/clothing/men.../color/COGNAC/
                Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

A pair of Alden chukkas in natural leather

Comment

JFP's Sebastien today:

Comment

Comment

Brand new Woolrich Yankees. What should I put on them to make them waterproof?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=13372]JDOG[/MENTION] I wouldn't put anything on them. If they get really wet, let them dry at room temperature, maybe stuff them with newspaper to absorb any moisture on the inside. Then when they are dry, condition them and use shoe trees. Using snowseal or any of that kind of shit fucks boots up. I live in the Northeast, tons of rain and snow usually, and the only thing I waterproof are the uppers of my Bean Boots. Most products darken the leather and the boot never looks the same also. Also, great looking new boots.

Comment

Chippewa x J. Crew Captoe boots with Guarded Goods leather laces.

I add a very light layer of Sno-Seal to these boots before winter, but go heavy on the welt. Like [MENTION=4677]Shade[/MENTION] says, it will permanently darken your boots, but I like the look my boots took on. Depending on the lighting, they'll look more burgundy or more mahogany (they were more red/pinkish new vs actual burgundy). They keep my feet nice and dry walking through puddles and all that slush/snow melt we have in Seattle after our recent Snowpocalypse.

Comment

I was missing my J Fitzpatrick tassel loafers, so I’m wearing them today—even though I’m working at home and even though when I need to go out later, I’ll have to switch to some boots. (I’ve lived in this area over 45 years, and I don’t ever remember so much rain in so little time—glad I have boots)

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by JDOG View Post
                                Brand new Woolrich Yankees. What should I put on them to make them waterproof?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
                                You could use something like this Saphir spray. https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir...ner-spray.html
                                Collonil also makes a similar one.

Comment

Working...
                                X