This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Yes, I did MTO with Justin and I may have gone over the top with two-tone black/burgundy and full brogue.

At any rate, the website says three to four months; I was hoping to get them in three months to have them for a Victorian/Edwardian theme costume ball this weekend, but it looks like that won't happen.

I ordered when he was in the transition from just being a UK company to a North American/UK company, so that may have pushed it out to the longer time frame of four months instead of three.

It takes that long to get those things buttoned, eh? Oh well, they will look great, so it's worth it!
    Justin's are easier than these actually, but until you get the hang of it, give yourself extra time :P

Comment

• Rainy day in the Northeast, so out come the Staffords.

Comment

• Cheap Giorgio Brutini smoking slippers I got for a costume event. I added the tassels. As of today, they are a part of my work at home wardrobe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• AE Waltons in shell. They need a polish, and I need a cordovan Yoda to teach me the Way of the Shell Shine.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFO View Post
            AE Waltons in shell. They need a polish, and I need a cordovan Yoda to teach me the Way of the Shell Shine.

Wipe with a slightly damp rag, then brush with a horsehair brush until your arm falls off. Then repeat with the other shoe and the other arm. Or, you can use an electric shoe buffer. I inherited one from my retired father-in-law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
              Wipe with a slightly damp rag, then brush with a horsehair brush until your arm falls off. Then repeat with the other shoe and the other arm. Or, you can use an electric shoe buffer. I inherited one from my retired father-in-law.
              I've tried that brush forever ("Mac") method and can't say I got results from it. I've also heard mixed things about using conditioners and polishes on shell. Confused!

Comment

• I am in amazement nearly every day regarding some of the beautiful shoes you all have!
                Originally posted by Shade View Post
                Rainy day in the Northeast, so out come the Staffords.

Originally posted by SFO View Post
                AE Waltons in shell. They need a polish, and I need a cordovan Yoda to teach me the Way of the Shell Shine.

Comment

I've tried that brush forever ("Mac") method and can't say I got results from it. I've also heard mixed things about using conditioners and polishes on shell. Confused!
                  There are so many different threads with different types of advice out there for shell. I have read them all as well and here is my two cents:

Shell will never “shine” like calfskin. You can add polishes and waxes, but they sit on the surface and tend to make the shoes look plasticy, in my opinion. Shell has more of a “glow”. I have found that some times you need to get off the polish that the manufacturer added to the shoe to get down to the shell itself. If you rub the shoes with a white rag and get polish coming off onto the rag, then you need to remove it to get to a “glow”.

I had a cobbler do something similar to this on my AE Patriots:

https://putthison.com/how-to-raise-a...dovan-want-to/

I hated it. They looked like corrected grain leather. I stripped all of the polish off and went back to the base Cordovan. I now hit them with an electric shoe buffer, for about a minute per shoe, when I put them on and take them off. I occasionally wipe with a damp rag. I am happy with the results.

Comment

• This is how mine look with my methods.

Comment

• Nice!

Do you have a recommendation for an electric buffer? Interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                        I am in amazement nearly every day regarding some of the beautiful shoes you all have!
                        Thank you! You have some pretty damned nice shoes yourself and I like how you bifurcated to brands that arent typically seen on here too often. I also loved the texture of the socks you wore the other day. They looked awesome.

Comment

• Peal & Co. chukkas made by Crockett & Jones.

Comment

Nice!

Do you have a recommendation for an electric buffer? Interested.
                            The one I have is pretty old. I bought new pads for it and it works great. There are a ton on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...9QE/ezvid02-20

Comment

• Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                              The one I have is pretty old. I bought new pads for it and it works great. There are a ton on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...9QE/ezvid02-20
                              Yeah I was looking for something handheld. Everybody seems to feel the battery powered ones on Amazon aren't powerful enough. Started looking at vintage plug-in models on eBay...

Comment

• Originally posted by Banks View Post
                                Peal & Co. chukkas made by Crockett & Jones.

Wow! Beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                                X