Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unseasonably warm weather today so broke out the low socks and loafers. There is something great about shell and dark denim paired together.

Alden 986 LHS penny loafer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nisolo Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
        Unseasonably warm weather today so broke out the low socks and loafers. There is something great about shell and dark denim paired together.

Alden 986 LHS penny loafer

��

The unlined version of those is next on my list

Comment

[MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION] Awesome. It's fun to read the debates about the two that show up around the internet. My own personal conclusion after trying both on was that you can't choose wrong.

Comment

At some point I needed to leave the house to run errands, so I popped on my Allen Edmonds Stuttgarts in walnut.

I quite like these, even though I think they are a pair made especially for Nordstrom rack and not a mainline Allen Edmonds shoe

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
              At some point I needed to leave the house to run errands, so I popped on my Allen Edmonds Stuttgarts in walnut.

I quite like these, even though I think they are a pair made especially for Nordstrom rack and not a mainline Allen Edmonds shoe

They look sharp. Like the socks as well.

Comment

Carmina jumpers for a wet/muddy morning

Comment

Meermin Austerity Brogues.

Comment

[MENTION=19310]Banks[/MENTION] - I lust after a pair of Carmina Jumpers. If I had the cash though I would be hard pressed to decide between those and some Crockett & Jones Islay's.

Comment

Some Carmina chocolate suede shoes from an SF GMTO a few years back. Ordered these to celebrate passing the CPA exam.

Comment

Just because I can since I’ve started working at home, I’m going with these silly things— Steve madden velvet smoking slippers with metal spikes. I do have to say they get a lot of attention and some of the darker clubs in L. A.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Astorflex Chukkas from Huckberry

Comment

AE seconds Chelseas that my gf got me for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                              [MENTION=19310]Banks[/MENTION] - I lust after a pair of Carmina Jumpers. If I had the cash though I would be hard pressed to decide between those and some Crockett & Jones Islay's.
                              I had a pair of AE First Ave in pebble grain that I loved, but I didn’t size them properly and, after a year of trying to make them work, sold them and picked these up (Carmina had a 10 or 15% off sale last Memorial Day). While being the same brown pebble grain cap toe boot, these are a bit sleeker and pair well with dress trousers as well as jeans.

As for the Islay, I had them on my list for years until I came across the Alfred Sargent Hannover, which is a similar design by an English shoe maker of similar quality to C&J. Two big differences - they were about $200 less and had a commando sole instead of Dainite. For a boot that I’d most often wear in wet, snowy conditions and never in the office (to/from yes, but not in), I realized that I’d rather have the commando sole over a Dainite, which I feel is better suited on a shoe/boot that I’d wear while in the office. Depends on how you’d wear them/where you live though. The Islay is a damn fine boot.
                              Last edited by Banks; February 6, 2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Thursday Boot Company chukkas. I've had these for a couple of years and they have held up very well. Super comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X