Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like those. He puts that braid detail on a lot of shoes and I like its uniqueness. Justin isn't a big fan of derbies, so I'm surprised by that pair. It must be discontinued, no?

Also, I've been tempted by museum calf, but resisted so far. How do you like it?

Originally posted by Banks View Post
    J.Fitzpatrick Lynwood derbies in their Copper Museum Calf.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
      I like those. He puts that braid detail on a lot of shoes and I like its uniqueness. Justin isn't a big fan of derbies, so I'm surprised by that pair. It must be discontinued, no?

Also, I've been tempted by museum calf, but resisted so far. How do you like it?
      You're right, Justin doesn't do very many derby styles. For this one, he created a new last (SEA) and the shoe debuted in late 2017 I think. I picked them up in early 2018 and have used the J.Fitzpatrick mink oil and occasionally polished with their mid-brown beeswax polish (what Justin recommended for this shade). The coloring on these has stayed fairly consistent over that time.

I love the quality of J.Fitzpatrick shoes (also have the Magnolia model in black) and would like to add one more pair at some point. The museum calf leathers in particular look like they should cost much more than they do (these were $300 via their pre-sale). Add in their nicely-shaped lasts and detailing like the braiding on this model and their shoes are a fantastic value.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
        Shoebank.com shows 20% off but if you go to the main AE website they have a bunch of factory seconds at 30%.
        The have Strands at $206.50. Higgins Mill for $192.50 and Cordovan Patriot Loafers for $339.50 but in very limited sizes.
        The stores were honoring the 30% on ALL seconds, not just what's on the mainline site. I ran into my local store and ordered a pair of Clark Streets (from the warehouse) for around $100-$110. Check shoebank.com, and then call up the store (or warehouse) and confirm the 30% discount and order em. Shipping is free, but they are getting really strict on the restocking fee, so caveat emptor and all that.

Comment

Nevermind, looks like the sale ended yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JayS View Post

AE Alumnus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Nice! I have the Academy, which is a plain toe version of the Alumnus, as far as I can tell. Have been searching for a pair of Alumnus in brown CXL like yours. Such a great shoe for jeans

Comment

These are a pair of Lucchese 1883 cowboy boots I own from a previous life, lol.

They are over 12 years old and haven't received any loving for a long time.

I tried to apply some Saphir Médaille d'Or cream polish in neutral and the leather was getting splotchy so I stopped. Any suggestions?

Comment

These are a pair of Lucchese 1883 cowboy boots I own from a previous life, lol.

They are over 12 years old and haven't received any loving for a long time.

I tried to apply some Saphir Médaille d'Or cream polish in neutral and the leather was getting splotchy so I stopped. Any suggestions?

Bick 4 and a good brushing. That is all I put on my boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                  Bick 4 and a good brushing. That is all I put on my boots.
                  Thanks [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]. I'm also going to be looking for a polish for my new walnut Daltons. What would you recommend for those?

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]. I'm also going to be looking for a polish for my new walnut Daltons. What would you recommend for those?
                    I have walnut Strands. I use Saphire Renovator to clean and confusion, then AE walnut cream polish. I’m not a mirror shine guy (business casual workplace with a lean towards casual), so I don’t use wax polish.

Comment

Taft Jack Boots. Got them right before the holidays.

Comment

I've been admiring the looks of Taft boots, especially those, for some time. Besides the looks, how do you like them?

Originally posted by smitty View Post

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                          I've been admiring the looks of Taft boots, especially those, for some time. Besides the looks, how do you like them?
                          I'm very happy with them. I do tend to be very careful with these. I tend to wear them only on certain occasions as they are wool on the outside and I don't want to get them dirty. They are lighter than my other Taft boots and they are very comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty View Post

Beautiful and unique. Also like it in brown. They recommend sizing down. How TTS are they?

Comment

Beautiful and unique. Also like it in brown. They recommend sizing down. How TTS are they?
                              I'm a size 10 and their 10 fits me. I have this and their dragon boot in rust. To me they seem true to size.

Comment

Some business school thing I guess. AE Lucca. Left the Verona IIs at home due to lack of tread. Powered through the snow in these

Comment

Working...
                                X