Finding pants that fit is even hard for professional athletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding pants that fit is even hard for professional athletes

Thought this article was interesting cuz it’s why I hate pant shopping for finding jeans that fit over my thighs but my smaller waste size now.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...utts-jeans-mix

It also mentions a couple fitness focused jean brands like Mugsy and Gongshow as well as higher end ones. I haven’t tried any but might. If any have reviews are appreciated.

Hunting for the perfect OTR fit is an order of magnitude more annoying than just finding jeans that fit at the waist/hips and then taking them to a good tailor. As for millionaire athletes, there is no reason why they shouldn't be getting everything made custom given their body type and wealth.

Comment

I watched a video of Brian Shaw trying to buy a sportcoat as well. It seemed . . . problematic.
      I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

One of my local tailors does custom clothing for some of the Seattle Seahawks. (Shirt, jackets and pants, I believe.) As you can imagine professional football players aren't going to fit into your typical OTR clothing.

Comment

Cool article - thanks for sharing. Mugsy denim looks interesting, though maybe too much stretch? Anyone own a pair?

I have a pair of Paige. A personal shopper at Nordstrom convinced me to buy them but
          I’m not sure I’m into them. They are super stretchy and not really a denim. They are something more like a sweatpants-legging thing but they are comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by gochrisgo View Post
            Cool article - thanks for sharing. Mugsy denim looks interesting, though maybe too much stretch? Anyone own a pair?

I have a pair of Paige. A personal shopper at Nordstrom convinced me to buy them but
            I’m not sure I’m into them. They are super stretchy and not really a denim. They are something more like a sweatpants-legging thing but they are comfortable.
            Yeah I got interested but the pics on the website (Mugsy) actually dissuade me ... I don't want jeans with that much give (some yes) but exaggerating it in the pics do it more bad then good.

Comment

Have you looked at https://www.epauletbrand.com/? The Wilhelm fit is specifically designed for a larger, athletic build.

Comment

Originally posted by Paxonus View Post
                Have you looked at https://www.epauletbrand.com/? The Wilhelm fit is specifically designed for a larger, athletic build.
                Never had heard of them but for me ... I cannot rationalize $100+ bucks on jeans. Maybe if I tried them on in a store and they were beyond perfect. But still ... I hear my mom's voice go off with your spending how much on jeans? lol

Comment

Working...
                X