Summer Suit with Denim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Suit with Denim

Just got a Linen Jacket (off-white) from Banana republic and was thinking of pairing it with a pair of Levi's 501s and black wing-tips. Would that look good?

yea, Sure would, make sure the blazer fits properly. Black is good but try brown wings if you have a pair...the color will play better with the indigo and off white...need not be said but also wear a brown belt...good luck

What top you going with btw...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Comment

As this is for warmer evenings, be sure to go sockless, aka wear loafer socks from BR. Great summertime look with loafers or oxfords of any color.

And to reiterate Max's advice, that blazer's got to look like it was cut for you. 501's are very form-fitting, so a sloppy linen blazer will kill the svelte GQ look that you're going for.

Good luck.

Comment

I agree with Max. In addition, I would say that black wingtips are inherently very formal. This means pairing them with jeans may make you stand out in a not so great way.

Get yourself some brown wings. The lighter the brown, the less formal the pairings can be.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The jacket does fit fell and I'll probably have a light blue oxford shirt underneath. Regarding the wingtips, time constraints do no allow me to get brown wingtips but I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Comment

Given that you are wearing jeans, I'm guessing the level of formality is not super high. If you have a pair of great sneakers, I would rock those instead of the black wingtips. I'm not anti-black wingtip, but I agree with the other fellas that it maybe isn't the best combo. Other than that, the linen, shirt, and jeans are a win.

A great pair of tennis shoes (suede, nubuck, or something of the "dressier" tennis shoe variety) can really work well with being a little dressier but not super dressed up.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

+1 on the "dressy" sneakers

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
              I>0<I

Comment

Would these shoes work?

http://imgur.com/PnkO6.jpg

Comment

Those shoes will work. Will they make you noticeable (in a good way) is another question entirely.

They'll work with the outfit though, fo sho.

Comment

Working...
                  X