Hair Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair Products

Well, I had my flings with Murray's Superior, American Crew Pomade, Groom & Clean, and now I'm onto Brylcreem. I have to say, I'm absolutely loving it, and if you are skeptical of those old ads ("They'll love to run their fingers through your hair"), I have to say that it doesn't seem so far-fetched really, though I can't say it's been proven yet. :P

One problem, though it's not really that big of a deal, the hold ain't that great. But it'll stick if you keep your head up and don't go thrashing about. It's only a problem in that my job (in retail) requires constant folding, vacuuming, and other tasks that can cause gravitational afflictions. I guess I'll have to use Murray's on work days.

What's your favorite hair product and it's pros and cons? Or, if you like complaining: what are your least favorites?

Paul Mitchell shaping cream. It's the best one I've ever used. Holds all day, not sticky, not hard or shiny and it smells good.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I switch it up a lot...but I've used Suave's Anti-Frizz with good results. I've got curly hair, and it gives it the wet look without cementing it in place like gel. It doesn't last all day, which is fine. http://amzn.com/B003DRZJ2G

Axe gets a bad rap, but I do like their paste. The "Rub, Finger, Spread" under the cap has got to be innuendo. Even with the version that's supposed to be less-cement like (Messy Look vs. Spiked Up), it locks your hair in place. I'm not a big fan of that, but I guess there isn't a perfect product that gives you the wet look with movement.

Actually, Groom & Clean comes close. I liked this AoM post that explained a lot the products you find on the shelf: http://artofmanliness.com/2011/02/16...y-grant-shine/

Comment

American Crew Forming Cream. Use a little once my hair is just about dry so that it doesn't look wet and holds really well all day. Smells great, but does leave your hair a bit sticky. I have short hair, about 1 to 1.5 inches long, and don't run my fingers through my hair all day so i never notice.

Comment

Groom & Clean daily. I use a small dab for a smooth, light hold... not a slick and shiny look. I love the stuff.

Comment

I used to use Brylcreem regularly, and I liked it, but I found that I couldn't get the hold I wanted without getting really shiny too. So I switched to American Crew Fiber, which I will swear by now. It's fantastic! It gives great hold but you can't even tell it's there (it's a matte finish).

"The principle can be established that for a man who does not cheat, what he believes to be true must determine his action."
            -- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Comment

I was a big fan of American Crew's Citrus Mint Finishing Creme, but I think they stopped making it, so after some trial and error, I settled on Gatsby Moving Rubber. They make a number of products with varying degrees of hold and texture... I like the pink one. For less hold, go with the purple one or yellow one (or google "gatsby moving rubber chart") to find the right one for you. It's made in Japan and not sold in stores here, I buy off Amazon.

Comment

Based on a recommendation a few weeks back, I ve started using one of the Axe products...gotta say I really like it...before that, I used sumotech, by bumble and bumble, another great product, but was readily available in the town I live in, plus its $20...Axe is readily available and cost around $6...I've found I use less of it too...

Comment

Working...
                X