Style Blogger's guide to bespoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Style Blogger's guide to bespoke

I find Style Blogger to be hit or miss but this was a good, informative post, even if you're not looking to get a bespoke wardrobe made. There are some good tips for general shopping, fit, and suit construction. What are your thoughts?

http://www.thestyleblogger.com/9213/...poke-clothing/

Dress for style, live for results.

Definitely some good advice on suits.

I only check that site every once in awhile, and I like a lot of it, but this is where the style blogger and I will never agree:

That looks so ridiculous to me. It's like he's wearing the same pair of jeans he did in middle school.

Comment

I associate shoes without socks with ladies shoes, and that looks quite similar to the look many women have.

Comment

Check out the heels on those loafers! I actually like the jeans, but the lack of socks looks off when combined with the feminine loafers.

Comment

He has a very niche audience. I would never in my life care to dress the way he does.

Comment

i agree that many of his looks are very 'foward' but he has good pattern mixing and other things that i enjoy reading and even occasionally learn from

Comment

I find myself disliking most of his casual looks. You can tell he lives in NYC. However, his suits often look great.

Comment

I just read through the whole thing finally. Very good advice, if you can afford it. If you can't he still offers good general guidelines to apply wherever you're at.

Comment

I don't really spend any time at all on that site, but from what I've seen, and I don't really see what's so objectionable about how he dresses. Even on the blog entry by the other guy, linked to on the Penny Loafer thread.

They both dress well, and have their style and fit nailed down perfectly. Their clothes won't fit in well outside of a handful of major cities and other areas like the Northeast, but it's not meant to.

Would I dress that way? Nope. It's not my thing. Would I say they dress "better" than me (and most everyone here)? Yeah, I would. Without a doubt.

Comment

Working...
                  X