BR Polos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR Polos

During last weekend's Memorial Day sales, I took advantage of the 40% off BR coupon and ordered six polos. They arrived quickly but it took me until yesterday to pick them up from the post office. Three or four of them are... really long! Has anyone else experienced this? The normal pique ones are halfway down my thigh (I was also disappointed in the deep orange I got - it turned out to be more like bright orange in person), as was the red contrast-collar one I bought. Now, I don't mind having to send the regular pique ones back, but I'm pretty bummed about the red one being so ill-fitting, as I really like it.

So, this thread has a few purposes. I'm curious if anyone else is a little taken aback but the sloppy length of some of BR's polos for the price they're asking, as well as if anyone can recommend me a better-fitting alternative to this one: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=904821012. Something about the color and the accents makes it seem very... I don't know, vintagey? I usually don't go for the retro thing, but I actually thought this looked kinda classy when I put it on over a pair of blue khakis, and most other red polos just look like normal red polos!

Finally, I know Joe has made multiple posts about this, but what preferences do you guys have, specifically with regards to length? For whatever reason, I'm uncomfortable spending as much on a polo as a button-down - I start feeling vaguely guilty as soon as it goes past the $20 or $25 line, but at that price, I don't think it's too much to ask for it to fit like any number of the well-fitting, cheap-as-dirt graphic t's I own! I'm 6' even, and most other stuff tends to be of a normal length on me, so I don't think it's an issue with my body proportions.

I think it should be around mid crotch tops, below your belt by 2-3 inches.

It depends if it has the tennis tail too(where the back is longer than front) then you should keep the back length from going really far down.

JUST got some Jcrew polos, they fit pretty good(around $30 or less). remember BR is just GAP

By shad0w4life at 2012-06-01

By shad0w4life at 2012-06-01

Comment

I picked up a couple of the BR pique polos in a size small (I'm 5'8") and the length is fine. While not my favorite polos, I'm happy with the fit.

Pitseleh, have you tried sizing down? And if you don't already I suggest ordering multiple sizes when ordering online.

Comment

I tried on the couple BR polos I own. They aren't nearly as long as in your experience but they definitely are a couple inches past "ideal" I think it's to give them the versatility to tuck if that's your thing.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

@shad0w which jcrew polo is that in your pictures? It seems to fit really well

Comment

Slim fit, medium and it's the worn in style but I think all their styles fit the same.

Comment

I've never found it difficult to tuck polos of normal length in, but I suppose I could understand why one would. Unfortunately, the large fits me pretty much exactly everywhere else, so I feel like the medium would be way too tight!

Comment

For BR polos, the regular logo'd polos that I own are way too long on me (5'7", 160lbs, size S).

The luxe touch polos, on the other hand, fit absolutely perfect. They are my favorite polos. They will also be way too short on anyone taller than 5'10".

Comment

Working...
                X