Best purchase of 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best purchase of 2018?

What was your best sartorial purchase of 2018?

For me it was picking up a 1997 Rolex Submariner. The watch has quickly become my go-to and pretty much a daily wearer. While I do have some other nice watches, I find myself reaching for the sub more and more.

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

For me it was picking up a 1997 Rolex Submariner.

if you dont mind me asking, how much did it run you? where did you purchase it from?

Comment

Heather, deep cedar GREEN crew-neck sweater. I've worn it to death. Before this purchase, I've got only one typical burgundy crew-neck sweater (and some turtlenecks and cardigans). I so want to get other colors but got too much cool season clothing already.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...972&pcid=28660

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        What was your best sartorial purchase of 2018?

For me it was picking up a 1997 Rolex Submariner. The watch has quickly become my go-to and pretty much a daily wearer. While I do have some other nice watches, I find myself reaching for the sub more and more.
        Green tweed sportcoat from S&M. Gf got it for me for xmas. Wore it today for the first time and it is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 3piece View Post
          Heather, deep cedar GREEN crew-neck sweater. I've worn it to death. Before this purchase, I've got only one typical burgundy crew-neck sweater (and some turtlenecks and cardigans). I so want to get other colors but got too much cool season clothing already.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...972&pcid=28660
          Out of my size. Only have navy left.

I really love my S&M turtleneck but I think my most worn purchase were my AE Higgins Mill boots. I love them a lot more than I thought I would.

While I did purchase my gansey sweater in 2018, it will not come for another couple months so I am counting that as 2019. Also thinking of picking up some suede Chelseas in 2019....yet to decide on brand and color.

Comment

Hmm good question. Probably a tie between my Suit Supply outlet burgundy jacket. Eyed it when it was released then it hit outlet in my size at a price I could do.

Tie would be my S&M brown herringbone jacket. Great fit and construction.

Comment

I think the only thing I bought this year were a pair of AE Leeds 2.0 in brown grain leather and I love them. I wear them all the time, no regrets.

Comment

I think my wife got the best deal of the year by stacking a couple of sale opportunities on my Xmas gift--a Brooks Brothers 1818 Regent fit suit for about $450.

When AE did that crazy sale in September I picked up some first quality Nomad chukka boots for about $125--a crazy low price, I think. And even though they had a minor blemish, I was not going to return them for that price. I've walked miles in them and they're quite comfortable.
                WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

https://www.thegreatfroglondon.com/p...-warrior-ring/ and I love it dearly

Comment

My best purchases were thrifted:
                    An American Eagle peacoat (90% wool) and a pair of corneliani corduroy trousers. Got them for $15 each.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                      if you dont mind me asking, how much did it run you? where did you purchase it from?
                      I'll plead the 5th on the first question. But on the second, I bought the watch from Crown and Caliber (https://www.crownandcaliber.com/) and I can't recommend them enough. I lurked on the site for a while and waited for a combination of a) them having the watch I wanted in stock and b) them running a sale. When everything landed I made my move. Couldn't be happier with the watch or the service.

Comment

A pair of vintage shell cordovan Florsheim Imperials. Had some issues with foot pain and their slightly roomier fit (compared to my AEs) allowed for inserts that make them SO freakin' comfortable. Not to mention that cordovan looks insane and will last an eternity.

Comment

Barbour Bedale - I have been wanting one for a few years and finally decided to pull the trigger. Couldn't be happier with this jacket. Absolutely perfect for me.

Comment

That's a tough one. It's either the awesome dinosaur short sleeve button down I got last week or the Roots Lodge cardigan for me and crew neck for my wife that I got mid December so we can match our pups.

Comment

I know that most would expect me to say my new Sinn....but I will save that for 2019 since it didn’t arrive until the 2nd.

It would be a tie between my Filson Mile Marker and a Kamakura OCBD. I reach for both all of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X