Should I buy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy...

StyleForum has a "should I buy this" thread which I think is a good way to get some quick feedback on something you're thinking about buying. Any interest in something like this on Dappered? I'll get it started:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-leather-plaid-belt~240763_-1.html?CM_MERCH=CANVAS_OTC

Not sure if this is really all that useful an item to have, but it's dirt cheap. I think I'd like it more if it had leather ends (like a surcingle belt).

I don't really care for it. But at $7....

Comment

I think it is about time to start reeling in the plaid. I feel like I am walking around a lumber jack convention every time I go to a bar.

Comment

I dig it and when you posted it sort of did a panic 'such a good deal! must buy!'. I held off because of the shipping. You can use the code 'Grill' and pin # 8525 to get Free Shipping (without the $50 minimum) but you need to purchase a non-sale item with it. So I'd say if you are already buying something, then sure - throw it in, its $7.

Blackwatch and wool aren't very useful this time of year so its probably gonna sit in your closet till the winter.

Comment

I kind of like it in an abstract sense, but what would you wear it with?

Comment

Saw the same belt earlier. Like Vespa said, if you're buying something else there, why not?

I like the general idea of the thread by the way.

Comment

I have it and wear it all fall. I love it.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I have that belt and its a lot darker than it looks.

Very subtle plaid

Comment

Every time I go to their website I pine over it! Too bad they don't have it in my size anymore.

Comment

I love it...too bad I can't squeeze into a 32.

Comment

It'll look great holding up your kilt.

Comment

I ended up not getting the belt. Sure it's only $7, but I have so many items I bought because they were "only ${some_small_number}" that I never wear, which adds up to ${much_bigger_number}. So time for something else:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/93275072/mens-vegetable-tanned-leather-wallet-us?ref=pr_shop

Looks pretty slim, and I like the natural leather. Not sure if it's worth the price though...anybody know of anything similar I can look at also?

Comment

well,I've been itching to buy some meermin shoes for a while now...<$200, same/better quality than AE, better shape (imho)...but i'm a bargain/poor guy..tough to buy retail.

Comment

Should I buy: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/76537...hocolate/Brown for $50

Do you think the color contrast makes it inappropriate for a casual work environment? How would it pair with chinos, jeans, or dress khakis?

Comment

@Mixto: Reading about Meermin on SF right now - look like a great option for the money!

Where's the best place to buy them (or try them on) in the US?

Comment

Working...
                              X