Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on these boots?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I agree they have a White’s boots type of look...probably will end up pulling the trigger for $60.

    Comment


      #17
      I own a pair of these boots. As mentioned above, they're basically an inexpensive Whites clone.

      https://whitesboots.com/#/product/4288

      I bought them as beaters to wear on a rough outdoor job site and wound up really liking them. Personally I like the looks of the Cuban heel...it gives them a bit of a cowboy boot vibe. The heel does have a slight tendency to roll due to the tapered shape. It took me a little while to get used to walking in them. The little kilt thing is detachable, BTW.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post
        I own a pair of these boots. As mentioned above, they're basically an inexpensive Whites clone.

        https://whitesboots.com/#/product/4288

        I bought them as beaters to wear on a rough outdoor job site and wound up really liking them. Personally I like the looks of the Cuban heel...it gives them a bit of a cowboy boot vibe. The heel does have a slight tendency to roll due to the tapered shape. It took me a little while to get used to walking in them. The little kilt thing is detachable, BTW.
        You have this particular pair from adtec? If so, are they holding up well? Reviews seem really positive from my research.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by embrassurespace View Post
          You have this particular pair from adtec? If so, are they holding up well? Reviews seem really positive from my research.
          Yes, I have this exact pair of Adtecs. They're holding up great. Construction quality seems to be solid. Frankly I'm amazed they're so cheap -- and I paid $95 which still seems like a deal.

          Comment


            #20
            Huh, available on Amazon if anyone else is interested https://www.amazon.com/Adtec-Packer-...011&psd=1&th=1

            Comment


              #21
              Ad-Tec also makes the Lacer boot: https://www.amazon.com/Adtec-Lacer-M...ec%2B9%22&th=1 Looks like they could fit the same, but with a traditional heel.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
                Ad-Tec also makes the Lacer boot: https://www.amazon.com/Adtec-Lacer-M...ec%2B9%22&th=1 Looks like they could fit the same, but with a traditional heel.
                Nice find. Those might be just the thing.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post
                  Yes, I have this exact pair of Adtecs. They're holding up great. Construction quality seems to be solid. Frankly I'm amazed they're so cheap -- and I paid $95 which still seems like a deal.
                  Cool, ya I was surprised at the price too given the good reviews. I thought maybe too good to be true, and while they aren’t White’s, the seem decent especially for the price

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by embrassurespace View Post
                    Cool, ya I was surprised at the price too given the good reviews. I thought maybe too good to be true, and while they aren’t White’s, the seem decent especially for the price
                    Yeah I think they're very respectable for the price. I was just looking through the reviews and did notice a pattern of people saying the fit was small or narrow. There may be something to this. I bought mine in my normal size and standard width but ended up exchanging for a wide.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post
                      Yeah I think they're very respectable for the price. I was just looking through the reviews and did notice a pattern of people saying the fit was small or narrow. There may be something to this. I bought mine in my normal size and standard width but ended up exchanging for a wide.
                      Good to know, I’ll double check the size whether it is wide or not before purchase. Thanks.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Looks like they’ve also got a more traditional boot. If anyone is looking for a sturdy beater boot, this might be worth a shot. Around $90 but you can get an extra 30% at shoes.com and like 12% more back from Ebates.



                        Comment


                          #27
                          That looks to be their Logger model which is selling for around $60 on Amazon. Lug sole, no kilt, and the uppers are made of "crazy horse leather" whatever that means.

                          BTW, what is the chukka on your left foot?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post
                            That looks to be their Logger model which is selling for around $60 on Amazon. Lug sole, no kilt, and the uppers are made of "crazy horse leather" whatever that means.

                            BTW, what is the chukka on your left foot?
                            Good find. Having felt them in person, $60 would be great for a tough pair of beaters.

                            The chukka is just your average Clark’s desert boot in, I think, sand suede. A little beat up, they’ve got almost 4 years on them. Since this picture was taken I waxed them for some waterproofing.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by embrassurespace View Post
                              Good find. Having felt them in person, $60 would be great for a tough pair of beaters.

                              The chukka is just your average Clark’s desert boot in, I think, sand suede. A little beat up, they’ve got almost 4 years on them. Since this picture was taken I waxed them for some waterproofing.
                              Okay, thanks. I've got a pair of grey suede Borns on their last legs and those would not be a bad replacement.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X