This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you like as a digital watch?

I know it may be considered horological heresy to some people, but I'm thinking I'd like to pick up a digital watch. Which got me thinking, what do you folks like, if anything, out of them, what models capture your imagination?

I think the G-shock is the go to. I have a G-shock and a Marathon for digitals.

Comment

Depends where and when you'd wear it. As mentioned above i have a G-Shock but it doesn't see use on any work days.

Comment

G shock model GWM5610-1. I like this model because it is rectangular and slim as opposed to the round bulky models gshock is known for. It's also from the tough solar series so the battery should last for years. I have another older tough solar model I got about 5 years ago and so far I haven't had to replace the battery.

Comment

What would you use it for? There is a pretty wide variety of features available among digital watches. It’s hard to go wrong with a simple G-Shock for toughness but if you’re looking to use it to time runs, for example, a Timex Ironman may actually be a better choice as the modules are more user-friendly and the displays tend to be much cleaner and easier to read. If you REALLY want some features, increasingly there are fairly affordable wearables from Garmin, Fitbit, Suunto, etc that have features like alti/baro/compass, HR monitoring, GPS tracking, etc.
          Ben

Comment

G-shock, Iron man, or your smart watch of choice.

Comment

There are many different versions of the square GShock that I like. I have the basic 5600 on a polyurethane bracelet that I trimmed to fit the 16mm lugs. My only complaint on the 5600 is that the buttons are very stiff. https://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-shock...dp/B000GAYQKY/

The Casio world time is pretty cool too https://www.amazon.com/Casio-AE1200W.../dp/B0094B79CI

Comment

I originally didn't like the idea of smart watches, but I'm seriously considering buying a fossil gen 3 smart watch. It looks like a normal metal chrono, and I prefer charging it every few days rather than not knowing when my quartz watch battery will run out then having to go to a shop and wait for the battery to be changed when it does, and I don't want the inaccuracy and maintenance of mechanical watches either. Add in quick release straps to the smart watch along with changeable color options for the dial face and hands and the color combinations are endless.

Comment

I have a very old Timex Ironman that I wear to the gym. I use it for the stopwatch feature. Aside from that the watch never sees the light of day.

I also have a Garmin 235 watch that I pretty much use exclusively for running. It has a whole bunch of other features - like counting steps, monitoring your sleep, etc. - but I don't use it for any of that. I do though like the watch and if I was going to wear a daily digital watch I'd give serious pause to wearing it more often.

Comment

gshock, timex iron man, or casio world time are my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                    X