This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ace Marks shoes.

Just came across this shoe maker from Italy and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. They have all of the traditional styles of shoes that an AE would offer, as well as some different options and colors as well. The price point is around $300 or less for most choices. They offer free shipping and returns to the US. Hand crafted and Blake stitched on all of the models I looked at. They also have a "buyback" program, which will give the customer $50 dollars off on a new pair of shoes from them if they send back their old pair, and the old pair is donated. Seems like an interesting company.

https://www.acemarks.com/

I have a pair and find the leather to be cheap. I wouldn’t repurchase or recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Paul Evans makes the same sort of shoes in Italy, with higher quality. When they are on sale, they are a pretty decent deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
        Just came across this shoe maker from Italy and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. They have all of the traditional styles of shoes that an AE would offer, as well as some different options and colors as well. The price point is around $300 or less for most choices. They offer free shipping and returns to the US. Hand crafted and Blake stitched on all of the models I looked at. They also have a "buyback" program, which will give the customer $50 dollars off on a new pair of shoes from them if they send back their old pair, and the old pair is donated. Seems like an interesting company.

https://www.acemarks.com/
        With that price point, I'd consider Meermin or wait for a sale from jfiztpatrick or Cobbler Union. A co-worker just purchased two pairs of Meermin shoes (really good looking 2nds on Ebay for $80 each pair) and they look and feel really great for that price, and I think would be a good deal even if he paid full retail.

If you get on Paul Evans mailing list, they send discount codes pretty regularly that put the shoes in that price range as well. I've never seen them in person, but I've read good things about them (I can't remember where). They are Blake construction like I believe Ace Marks are.

All that said, I don't have IRL experience with Ace Marks, but what I've read corresponds with the above comments. Not that they are bad shoes, but that you could probably find a better made shoe in the same range or less.
        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
          With that price point, I'd consider Meermin or wait for a sale from jfiztpatrick or Cobbler Union. A co-worker just purchased two pairs of Meermin shoes (really good looking 2nds on Ebay for $80 each pair) and they look and feel really great for that price, and I think would be a good deal even if he paid full retail.

If you get on Paul Evans mailing list, they send discount codes pretty regularly that put the shoes in that price range as well. I've never seen them in person, but I've read good things about them (I can't remember where). They are Blake construction like I believe Ace Marks are.

All that said, I don't have IRL experience with Ace Marks, but what I've read corresponds with the above comments. Not that they are bad shoes, but that you could probably find a better made shoe in the same range or less.
          Paul Evans is legit. Not that it's saying a ton these days, but everything about my PE shoes feels higher quality than my AE shoes. On top of that, they have VERY sleek attractive shapes, the leather is butter soft but the finish surprisingly durable, and they do all kinds of interesting patina if you like that.

They can get bent with that $500 pricing though. On sale down around $300 though, they're excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
            Paul Evans is legit. Not that it's saying a ton these days, but everything about my PE shoes feels higher quality than my AE shoes. On top of that, they have VERY sleek attractive shapes, the leather is butter soft but the finish surprisingly durable, and they do all kinds of interesting patina if you like that.

They can get bent with that $500 pricing though. On sale down around $300 though, they're excellent.
            I think I remember you being one of the people who like them. I will eventually get a pair when they're on sale, because I do quite like some of the styles and interesting colors.

Comment

But but so many JFitzpatick shoes on sale in the low to mid $300's today!!

https://us.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/collections/shoes

Comment

Ace Marks competitors seem to be Thursday Boots, IBEX, Paul Evans, and J.L. Rocha. They are 'direct to consumer' and are supposed to cut out the middleman making them more price efficient for you.

I wonder whether these companies are the types that make shoes somewhere else, finish in Italy, then stamp 'Made in Italy' on them.

You might find Allen Edmonds factory 2nds or clearance shoes for that price since you seem to be interested in AE styles.

Comment

Originally posted by J.M.S. View Post
                  Ace Marks competitors seem to be Thursday Boots, IBEX, Paul Evans, and J.L. Rocha. They are 'direct to consumer' and are supposed to cut out the middleman making them more price efficient for you.

I wonder whether these companies are the types that make shoes somewhere else, finish in Italy, then stamp 'Made in Italy' on them.

You might find Allen Edmonds factory 2nds or clearance shoes for that price since you seem to be interested in AE styles.
                  JL Rocha is made in Mexico and advertised as such.

Thursday is not advertised as being made in Italy. Thursday products are exactly what they say they are. They're decent, fair at the price. Far better than a fashion brand at the price. Nothing amazing, but solid.

Can't speak much on Ace Marks or IBEX.

Paul Evans is really made in Italy, and priced as such.
                  Last edited by Hebrew Barrister; November 23, 2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Oops! I think you're right.

Thanks for the remarks!

Comment

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...gs-in-tuscany/

same goes for shoes. very hard to know who is making your shoes these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X