Black Friday Purchases Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday Purchases Anyone?

With Black Friday around the corner, I thought I'd see if anyone has their eye on anything in particular. Any items you plan on picking up? Watch? Boots? Pants?

Not really a Black Friday deal, but I just found an incredible sale this week on a Barbour Bedale. I've had my eye on one for a couple years and finally decided to pull the trigger. ~$200 including shipping. Hard to beat that.

Comment

I bought some sweaters from S&M last week so nothing I'm looking for. Saving my pennies for a Gansey sweater. After hype from PTO and DieWorkwear, I've decided to plunk down the cash on a sweater. Hopefully I can get something similar to the DDL pattern with the extra sleeve detail.

https://putthison.com/the-greatest-s...-a-generation/

Comment

My 20 year old wants a leather jacket for Christmas this year, so I'm on the lookout for for one for him.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
          I bought some sweaters from S&M last week so nothing I'm looking for. Saving my pennies for a Gansey sweater. After hype from PTO and DieWorkwear, I've decided to plunk down the cash on a sweater. Hopefully I can get something similar to the DDL pattern with the extra sleeve detail.

https://putthison.com/the-greatest-s...-a-generation/
          I saw that article. Those sweaters are amazing. I dont 'know that I'd put that much money into a sweater, personally. But I am on the lookout for a sweater with a neckline similar to that one. I like the "turtleneck" look...but I find them to be a bit uncomfortable for anything short of blizzard-conditions. I have a big neck relative to my shoulder size, so the necks are frequently a bit tight.

If you decide to get a Gansey, please post a pic!

Comment

Not looking for anything in particular. I should be getting my Polar Explorer II back from RSC mid December and hopefully my new OP will arrive before then... those are the two main items on my radar right now.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
              I saw that article. Those sweaters are amazing. I dont 'know that I'd put that much money into a sweater, personally. But I am on the lookout for a sweater with a neckline similar to that one. I like the "turtleneck" look...but I find them to be a bit uncomfortable for anything short of blizzard-conditions. I have a big neck relative to my shoulder size, so the necks are frequently a bit tight.

According to DieWorkwear the lead time is 3 months. I looked at it like this, I have spent $400 for sport coats that have little wear. One in particular was close to $500 after alterations. For sweaters, I know I will wear the crap out of them which is why I am willing to spend the money on this. Part of me is thinking of selling off a couple sport coats since I am not in that environment anymore and if I were to move back to that work environment, I have my staple items down which I would wear more often.

When I first got into menswear, I wanted everything. Now I just want things I will wear the shit out of.

Comment

If a charcoal suit 1818 in Regent fit from Brooks Brothers (but not Cloud or Cool fabric) goes on sale for under $550, that's my Xmas gift from the wife.

Imma be looking out for it!
                WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                  When I first got into menswear, I wanted everything. Now I just want things I will wear the shit out of.
                  I like this approach, too. Now that I've figured out what type of clothes I like to wear, I'd rather buy nicer stuff and wear those items more often.

Comment

I like this approach, too. Now that I've figured out what type of clothes I like to wear, I'd rather buy nicer stuff and wear those items more often.
                    Yep--me too! Except I want a lot of nice stuff! Sometimes I want more feet so I can wear more shoes at once. A few times I've gone home at lunch and changed my shoes just because I want to wear them all!
                    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Since now Banana Republic sells XXS, I might get a top coat if it's deeply discounted.

Comment

https://americanreserveshop.com/coll...g-shoe-company

56% off red wing boots with code arcmay56. You can pre order it with the code. It doesn't get better price for 1st quality rw boots.

Comment

I saw that article too and it started me thinking of how those sweaters look great. But as mentioned above, that's a lot of money to put in to a sweater. However seeing as I'm complaining in another thread about how my Gap sweater is pilling at the moment, perhaps spending a bit more money on a quality sweater is worth it. I tend to run hot though, so having a big bulky/warm sweater might be a little uncomfortable for me.

I did invest in a turtleneck from Uniqlo so I'll see how that plays out. My first time wearing/purchasing a turtleneck in over 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                            I saw that article too and it started me thinking of how those sweaters look great. But as mentioned above, that's a lot of money to put in to a sweater. However seeing as I'm complaining in another thread about how my Gap sweater is pilling at the moment, perhaps spending a bit more money on a quality sweater is worth it. I tend to run hot though, so having a big bulky/warm sweater might be a little uncomfortable for me.

I did invest in a turtleneck from Uniqlo so I'll see how that plays out. My first time wearing/purchasing a turtleneck in over 25 years.
                            I bought a S&M turtleneck and it is thinner so I was not too hot today though I run a little colder. As for the sweater, I have thought of purchasing a William Lockie sweater from an ebayer who has them but the one I wanted was scooped up before I had the cash...

Comment

I just received an email that Kamakura is marking down some of their shirts to $50 for Black Friday. If their traditional OCBD make the cut, I am jumping on it. I bought one to try them out and it is my favorite Oxford.

Comment

Working...
                              X