Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurps
    replied
    Also the outlet is all Final Sale so going into the Atlanta location before January to speak to them about your issues but also try on a few of the different cut options is a good idea. The outlet stock goes fast on wheelhouse items so you are much better off knowing fits and sizing ahead of time so you can pull the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    Originally posted by Scofield View Post
    if you haven't already, definitely go into a suitsupply and get sized by a sales associate. their experts know their stuff, they ship them out of state for weeks of training, no joke
    I really do need to do that, especially since they have a store here in Atlanta.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    Originally posted by Galcobar View Post
    Uneven shoulders, that'll do it. Most MTM won't accommodate that too well, since in the end it's still a set pattern. You'll have to have a rather specific conversation with the staff member to see if they are able to do asymmetrical shoulders. Perhaps two different shoulder pad sizes will help.

One alternative to check is Men's Wearhouse. The majority of their stuff isn't great, but the Joseph Abboud line of suits are US or Canadian products. Moreover, they offer the Abboud line through a MTM program with, IIRC, three fits that will allow you to mix and match pants and jackets. Nice wools, Bemberg lined, reasonable prices, and you do the measurements in person which, if you get someone experienced, may allow for adjustment for your shoulders.
    How can I trust Men's Wearhouse without George ? That might be a good option though. I will check that out as well. Interesting idea about different shoulder pads.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    The problem with most online MTM is that it isn’t going to address asymmetry like that. You are going to need a tailor to do that, whether it’s tailoring something OTR or making something that is legitimately customized to you rather than just cut from a template based on measurements you provide.
    I was under the impression that tailoring shoulders is usually more expensive than having a jacket made to fit from the beginning. It almost certainly would have been more expensive than the last 2 suit jackets I bought.

Leave a comment:

• Scofield
    replied
    if you haven't already, definitely go into a suitsupply and get sized by a sales associate. their experts know their stuff, they ship them out of state for weeks of training, no joke

Leave a comment:

• Galcobar
    replied
    Uneven shoulders, that'll do it. Most MTM won't accommodate that too well, since in the end it's still a set pattern. You'll have to have a rather specific conversation with the staff member to see if they are able to do asymmetrical shoulders. Perhaps two different shoulder pad sizes will help.

One alternative to check is Men's Wearhouse. The majority of their stuff isn't great, but the Joseph Abboud line of suits are US or Canadian products. Moreover, they offer the Abboud line through a MTM program with, IIRC, three fits that will allow you to mix and match pants and jackets. Nice wools, Bemberg lined, reasonable prices, and you do the measurements in person which, if you get someone experienced, may allow for adjustment for your shoulders.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    The problem with most online MTM is that it isn’t going to address asymmetry like that. You are going to need a tailor to do that, whether it’s tailoring something OTR or making something that is legitimately customized to you rather than just cut from a template based on measurements you provide.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    Its nothing crazy. One shoulder is lower than the other and a little more narrow than the other. But I'm also broad through the chest and shoulder at 5'8 with a short torso and arms. I can't wear much of a shoulder pad or it looks exactly like I'm wearing a shoulder pad.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Mostly just a jacket that fits well. Pants aren't too difficult even if I have to get them tapered, but there's only so much tailoring you can do to a jacket once its put together. My shoulders are weird and its very difficult for me to find OTR jackets that have a fit that I like. That may be partially due to my inexperience and partially due to the quality that I find in my price range, but either way I would like to step up to a nice suit that provides a better jacket fit. I'm not entirely opposed to trying something OTR, but giving MTM a shot is plan A.
    Can you elaborate on the issues and possibly supply pictures? MTM may not work for you either but it really depends on the issues you are seeing.

Leave a comment:

• Hebrew Barrister
    replied
    If you are hard to fit, M2M isn't going to work. That's almost a guarantee.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    Mostly just a jacket that fits well. Pants aren't too difficult even if I have to get them tapered, but there's only so much tailoring you can do to a jacket once its put together. My shoulders are weird and its very difficult for me to find OTR jackets that have a fit that I like. That may be partially due to my inexperience and partially due to the quality that I find in my price range, but either way I would like to step up to a nice suit that provides a better jacket fit. I'm not entirely opposed to trying something OTR, but giving MTM a shot is plan A.

Leave a comment:

• Domino
    replied
    No. What are you looking to get out of a MTM suit? A lot of the time an OTR suit with some tailoring will do just as well for a fraction of the price.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    Outlet wouldn't be doing any MTM suits though, would they?

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Dammit. Oh well, thanks. Maybe I should ask for SS GC for Christmas.
    A good idea would be gift cards and watch Dappered for rumors of the outlet opening in January. Depending on your job/school/access to a computer, I have seen staple items in the Outlet sale but they are likely the last size in stock for that item.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    Dammit. Oh well, thanks. Maybe I should ask for SS GC for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X