Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Gap line, Hill City...curios

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Gap line, Hill City...curios

    I have family that works for Gap so I tend to pick stuff up there occassionally. Recently saw a new brand pop up on their website. Hill City. Squarely int he Athleisure sector. I will be browsing and keeping an eye out for something to try most likely.

    http://www.gapinc.com/content/gapinc..._Announce.html

    #2
    I'll be staying far away. Athleisure is just a nice way of saying "too lazy to dress like an adult." If you aren't on the way to the gym, in the gym, or on the way home from the gym, then put on some real clothes.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Paddington View Post
      I'll be staying far away. Athleisure is just a nice way of saying "too lazy to dress like an adult." If you aren't on the way to the gym, in the gym, or on the way home from the gym, then put on some real clothes.
      Heaven forbid people be allowed to just wear what they wanna wear without snooty judgement from people.

      Comment


        #4
        Seriously? You realize you're on a website dedicated to men's fashion?

        Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Paddington View Post
          Seriously? You realize you're on a website dedicated to men's fashion?

          Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
          Yes seriously. This forum is dedicated to fashion and dressing better for one's self, not for deriding other's because they have differing style preferences. Maybe you should stick to MFA if you want to be judgemental.

          Comment


            #6
            Considering stopping in to try out their chinos. I've been on the fence about a pair of Lululemon ABC Pants for months, this could be a worthy alternative.

            Haters gonna hate, pants are just pants, even if they're not wool trousers

            Comment


              #7
              Even athleisure can be elevated. I was checking out Gap a few weeks back, and I saw the name. I spent the first 18 years of my life in a small town named Hill City, so it caught my eye. Let me say the citizens of Hill City are not the target market. Meanwhile nearby, Iron Rangers are wearing Iron Rangers, and Duluthians carry their Duluth Packs, while wearing Duluth Trading Co.

              I'm 99.9% my Hill City is not the inspiration for Hill City. I am almost as sure I'll be looking elsewhere.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Paddington View Post
                I'll be staying far away. Athleisure is just a nice way of saying "too lazy to dress like an adult." If you aren't on the way to the gym, in the gym, or on the way home from the gym, then put on some real clothes.
                Athleisure's roots are in the highest of high fashion and it's probably the single most influential clothing trend of this century, regardless of gender. It's not my style, but athleisure makes for some great streetwear looks and no one is trying to position it as a replacement for a suit. Further, athleisure's emphasis on comfort and functionality has trickled down to classic menswear in obvious and significant ways.

                Seriously, why do you think Drago, one of Italy's best mills, suddenly decided to develop a super 140s wool that has a natural stretch as well as legitimate water, stain, and wrinkle resistance? You think they had that in their back pocket for 45 years and randomly decided to release it in the wake of the athleisure boom?

                You're being wild judgmental over *clothes* and your underlying point is provably, laughably wrong.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Guys, wear what you want. I'll continue wearing real clothes in public and gym clothes in the gym. You can't post on a men's fashion forum and not expect people to offer opinions on the clothes you're asking about. That's what this entire forum is for. Sweat pants in public are the oversized JNCO jeans, spiked blonde tips, puka shell necklace of the late 20-teens. It's a passing fad, fast fashion, and the celebrities wearing it today won't touch it in two years. It looks objectively sloppy compared to other styles generally discussed on this website and this forum.

                  Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Victorian British dudes would say the same things about our clothes. Being nice costs nothing. Have a good night.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      "Fashion is temporary and expensive. Style is timeless and affordable."

                      Comment


                        #12
                        This makes sense. I recall reading somewhere that Old Navy and Athleta are the only BR brands that have had any sales growth over the last few years. I never understood why Athleta didn't offer men's clothing. It always seemed like a missed opportunity. This line sounds like their men's version of Athleta.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Guys, IDK about you, but I still go to a lot of beer and music festivals, pub crawls, events like that. In Georgia. In the Summer/Spring. I can't wear a linen or seersucker suit to everything .
                          Athleisure has its place.
                          I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
                            Guys, IDK about you, but I still go to a lot of beer and music festivals, pub crawls, events like that. In Georgia. In the Summer/Spring. I can't wear a linen or seersucker suit to everything .
                            Athleisure has its place.
                            I can't bring myself to wear any athleisure in public, however I admit it makes GREAT around the house clothes / pajamas, and own some pieces I wear for those purposes.

                            For going out casually, lowest I'll go is jeans and a henley.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              I have family that works for Gap so I tend to pick stuff up there occassionally. Recently saw a new brand pop up on their website. Hill City. Squarely int he Athleisure sector. I will be browsing and keeping an eye out for something to try most likely.

                              http://www.gapinc.com/content/gapinc..._Announce.html
                              Well, that derailed quickly...

                              Please let us know what you think. I'm interested in a couple of things they are offering and would like to know how the quality and fit are.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X