Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekender bag advice

Hey guys,

I know Joe occassionaly posts deals on weekender bags, but I never needed one until now. Do you guys minding posting links to some of your favorites or ones you own? Looking for something that can easily be carried on when flying. Thanks!

If you want a leather bag, one of the best buys is the Floto Venezia duffle bag. Mine is two years old and still looks new despite being banged around the globe. The info is below, but buy it on EBay from Floto for significantly less.

http://www.flotoimports.com/VenDuffle-luggage.html

Comment

If I were on the market, I'd buy the Worton Weekender from Blue Claw Co., and I would have said the same thing long before they became a sponsor of my site. The quality is top notch, and the ballistic nylon looks great paired with the leather in my opinion.

Comment

I'm obsessed with my Frost River Explorer Duffel. It took me a long time to decide (if you search for weekend bag on the threads, you'll find my original post), but I'm so glad I picked it...I think it's my favorite "style" piece that I own, including all of my clothes.

Comment

Oops - here's the link: http://www.frostriver.com/luggage/explorer_duffels.html

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Any more?

Comment

After a fairly exhaustive search, I bought the Briggs & Riley Extra Large Weekender in olive. I really like the leather accents. It's a large bag, but soft-sided so it should collapse well.

I have to pack it and make sure it is comfortable to carry. I was definitely going back and forth between it and the Frost River and the LEC 1963 Trip Bag. But I couldn't examine the other two in person.

I bought at Irv's Luggage who regularly lop off 20% on Briggs & Riley purchases. $182 all in with taxes. I picked it up in store because I"m local, but they do have free standard shipping on orders over $100.

Comment

Working...
              X