Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of replica Rolex,Tag Heuer, Omega etc.?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shade View Post
    I was speaking to my local go to watch guy, he's a master European craftsman. He was telling me that because of CC machines, 3D printing, and CAD equipment, that fakes are getting harder and harder to distinguish from the real thing. It's getting scary out there, in my opinion, to buy anything except from the manufacturer, but that sucks because you have to pay a premium price. I wonder how many of these respected watch dealers are selling fakes that they believe to be real. Here's a decent article I came across awhile back on the market for these things.
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/03/th...he-superfakes/
    Yup I work wth ICE and my buddy works in the counterfeit office focusing on jerseys and sports memorabilia. It’s an ever increasing market.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
      Yup I work wth ICE and my buddy works in the counterfeit office focusing on jerseys and sports memorabilia. It’s an ever increasing market.
      I believe it. I'm always skeptical at buying anything online these days, from anything but the manufacturer. I know there is a huge market for fake Nike's, especially the older model Jordans.

Comment

I’d buy a used one or maybe a tribute one (i.e. take cues from another watch but still is distinctly it’s own thing). Outside of that I’d rather spend my money on a legit Seiko than a fake Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Since we have quite a few lawyers on the forum, I figured I'd show you guys this. I was just looking for Omega's and went to a site that apparently was selling fake replicas, illegally. I was sent to this link. This is from less than a month ago. Pretty interesting info. I guess some companies are not fucking around anymore.

http://servingnotice.com/w8xREk/index.html

Comment

Omega is a bulldog when it comes to protecting its own brand. Sometimes in a way that is over the top. They tried to sue Costco for copyright infringement (!) when Costco legally (!) acquired authentic (!) grey market Omega watches internationally and sold them at a discount here in the US. IIRC Costco ultimately won after appeal, but sheesh. You can google the story pretty easily, it was the subject of some intrigue on watch forums while it was happening.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
              Aren't terrorist groups and gangs increasingly using the sale of counterfeit products(along with credit card/ID theft) for funding?

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                Aren't terrorist groups and gangs increasingly using the sale of counterfeit products(along with credit card/ID theft) for funding?
                I do a fair bit of traveling in parts of Mexico that give the State Department pause (never had an issue FWIW), and I know for certain that bootleg movies/music are cartel controlled.
                Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                  Correct. I try to remind my friends of that buying knock off jerseys and such.

Comment

Wow, I'm glad I started this thread. I have single-handedly stopped a major fake watch ring. Haha. Seriously, I did decide to buy a used Rolex but I have to wait until June(50th birthday). Although that was my wife's idea so I'm possibly expecting a new Rolex. HEHE. After all, she's sleeping with a hero.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a used Rolex. All of my higher end watches are used. It's a good way to save a bit of money and still end up with a quality watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X