Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J Crew sweater blazer chest pocket below the nipple line

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    J Crew sweater blazer chest pocket below the nipple line

    This sweater blazer that's been posted on the main site:

    https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_feature...73006d0a24060d

    Got mine in the mail today and love it other than the fact that...breast pocket is below my nipple. Just feels a bit weird. Is that weird to anyone else?

    #2
    Originally posted by Scofield View Post
    This sweater blazer that's been posted on the main site:

    https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_feature...73006d0a24060d

    Got mine in the mail today and love it other than the fact that...breast pocket is below my nipple. Just feels a bit weird. Is that weird to anyone else?
    That's what I hate about that sweater Blazer, too. I would have gotten it otherwise. It looks really bad, like you're milking your teet into the pocket or something.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
      That's what I hate about that sweater Blazer, too. I would have gotten it otherwise. It looks really bad, like you're milking your teet into the pocket or something.
      cannot unsee...

      Comment


        #4
        Wow you're right. How did JCrew of all places mess that up? They're usually really good about not screwing up those kinds of things.

        Anyway, Banana Republic has basically the same design on sale. Saw it in person the other day. Maybe they didn't mess that up.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
          Wow you're right. How did JCrew of all places mess that up? They're usually really good about not screwing up those kinds of things.

          Anyway, Banana Republic has basically the same design on sale. Saw it in person the other day. Maybe they didn't mess that up.
          Link?

          Comment


            #6
            Are the sleeves lined on these like a blazer or unlines sweater like?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by joekloo View Post
              Are the sleeves lined on these like a blazer or unlines sweater like?
              unlined like a sweater

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                Link?
                I think Hebrew Barrister is talking about this: https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...&pid=362608002

                ... which has a very different button stance (higher, wider spaced) and more minimalist details (the jcrew model has stitching around all the edges and a back seam), so I wouldn't call it "basically the same design" aside from the fact they're both cardigans with blazer-like lapels, or if you just meant they both have ridiculously short chopped tails.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have this exact sweater blazer. When I bought it I really wanted to hate it but not gonna lie its got some decent weight to it and makes a great piece for wearing around our Chicago office. In regards to the chest pocket, I don't think anyone is going to notice nor care about its placement. After all its a sweater blazer and I don't think anyone will look at it as a formal piece.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Michael Lemus View Post
                    I have this exact sweater blazer. When I bought it I really wanted to hate it but not gonna lie its got some decent weight to it and makes a great piece for wearing around our Chicago office. In regards to the chest pocket, I don't think anyone is going to notice nor care about its placement. After all its a sweater blazer and I don't think anyone will look at it as a formal piece.
                    Well, you're 100% wrong about nobody noticing/caring about the pocket placement. The whole reason for this particular thread was because somebody noticed and cared (several somebodies).

                    The pocket placement isn't a formality issue, but a proportions/location issue. It really, really should be placed higher. But if you don't mind, more power to you, as the rest of that sweater blazer looks awesome.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      On a related note, I too lusted after that Wallace & Barnes felted merino wool cardigan / jacket thing that is back on the main page today. I tried one on, and it was somewhere between a sweater and jacket all right. If I were someone who ran really cold, maybe I could wear it indoors. Otherwise, it felt like too thick of a layer to work in my wardrobe, like a very light jacket that I could only wear for a month in the Fall. That burgundy shade is great, though. Fit was a true medium on my 5' 9", 170 lb, 40" chest.

                      Oh, and the W&B slate gray chore coat thing was very sweet; I had to walk away fast not to buy that one. Same fit.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Dappared users have noticed. Normally everyday people will not care. No one will run up to you and say, bro your chest pocket should be one inch higher.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Michael Lemus View Post
                          Dappared users have noticed. Normally everyday people will not care. No one will run up to you and say, bro your chest pocket should be one inch higher.
                          I'll do it. So help me god, I'll do it! I'll even tell em it should be 3 inches higher!!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Nice!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X