Underwear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwear

My wife has always given me crap about my underwear, so I thought I'd take a look around to see if I could find some higher quality options. I prefer briefs, and since I don't want to different underwear options for different activities, I'd prefer to find some that fall towards the moisture wicking side to be more conducive to working out. I wouldn't mind them being halfway decent looking either to appease the wife (she is not a fan of the multi-pack Hanes briefs that I buy from Target).

Somehow ran across a company called Tommyjohns.com. They look like they have some good options, but they are ~$40 for one. I'd assume I'd need at least 8 or pairs, so I really don't want to spend $350 on underwear. My search for underwear has never ventured outside of the underwear aisle at Target, so I am completely in the dark. What are some good options that will suit my needs?

Duluth Trading Company. Armachillo and Buck Naked for me.

Comment

I'm a boxer brief guy, but really like Mack Weldon underwear. They have briefs as well. I use these for regular wear (vs. athletic use), and use your normal underarmor, etc. for gym when I'm in shorts that don't have a built-in liner.

I've also hear a lot of people swear by meundies. Have yet to try them out.

Comment

I use ExOfficio's Give N Go Boxer Briefs and am a big fan. They retail for $25, but can be found on Amazon for under $15 pretty frequently.
        Last edited by wsupjs; October 8, 2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I found a bunch of Tommy Johns on sale at Nordstrom rack awhile back and I love the horizontal fly. And the way they fit. But they are so damn expensive. The TJ's are getting old and some starting to wear out, so I purchased another brand, MoFiz, from Amazon which are 95% bamboo and 5% spandex--never heard of them, but they are the highest rated on Amazon, so I gave them a try. Very comfortable and a reasonable price.

But the normal vertical fly is a pain to use. Which means I sometimes need to unbuckle my belt and open my trousers a bit to take care of business--which I don't like doing.

Other than that, I really like the bamboo fabric. Very soft and comfortable. I have not yet work them to work out in, so not sure about how they would work there.
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

What I really want is for someone to capitalize on my brilliant idea for underwear: Boxer briefs with a long leg that is made from some kind of synthetic so they stretch but don't ride up or lose shape over time, and crotch/butt section that is made from some kind of natural fiber or blend (merino? bamboo? silk?) so they are soft and comfy on your junk and don't hold onto stank like synthetics do.

SERIOUSLY SOMEBODY MAKE THIS NOW PLEASE.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
              I've also hear a lot of people swear by meundies. Have yet to try them out.
              I don't care for MeUndies. They are too soft and stretchy for me - the boxer brief legs stretch out and bunch up like crazy. The briefs are also a bit loosey goosey for my taste.

I really like my Mack Weldon airknit briefs but don't like the 18 hour jersey ones, which seem to be cut slightly different and tend to ride up awkwardly in the rear. I've been tempted to try their new long leg boxer briefs.
              Ben

Comment

Have really enjoyed Kirkland boxer briefs but I'm in a moderate climate so take that for what it's worth.

Comment

Uniqlo
                  We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Polo

Comment

Does she not like the look of the department store briefs or the brief style?

Comment

If you're already going to Target, they carry Pair of Thieves which makes all styles from briefs to long legged boxer briefs. For wicking and cooling, you'd probably enjoy the SuperFit material.

Comment

Pair of Thieves sells briefs but I don't think Target carries them in-store.
                          Ben

Comment

Haven't tried yet, but have read good things https://mrdavis.com/best-underwear/

My favorite for look/feel, although not for working out , Tani mentioned (never pay full price, usually wait for stacking discount on the site or on Gilt...I usually pay between $20-$25/pair) https://effortlessgent.com/cheap-exp...ar-difference/ and I am aware the post sounds like an infomercial. Also on modestman and realmenrealstyle

I have also tried Uniqlo Airism, MeUndies, David Archy modal, and Calvin Klein modal

I prefer thinner underwear and like each. Just reach for Tani first after laundry is done.

Although I have had a pair of Icebreaker Merino boxer briefs and they were great as well

Have had decent luck with Champion C9 from Target, but eventually the waistband waffles. Used to have ExOfficio, but they had the same problem with the waistband waffling

Comment

Originally posted by .brian. View Post
                              Duluth Trading Company. Armachillo and Buck Naked for me.
                              Second that for Buck Naked. You JUST missed a sale on them for $15/pair but they get that low fairly often. Certainly for Black Friday they will if you can wait for a few weeks. They have some retail stores so if there is one near you maybe give a pair a try and then stock up when the sale hits the website

Comment

Working...
                              X