Underwear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Pair of Thieves sells briefs but I don't think Target carries them in-store.
    Not a ton, but I've seen them at mine.

Comment

I didn’t realize that Uniqlo sold briefs until this thread. Obviously, I don’t have any experience with them, but if they are anything like the Airism boxer briefs, then they are going to be an incredible value.

OP, if you want something exceedingly lightweight and airy, I suggest you add a pair the Airism boxer briefs to your cart when (and if) you purchase Uniqlo briefs. They are cheap enough that even if you don’t like them, you won’t feel too bad about it.

Order your normal size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 77Pat View Post
        Used to have ExOfficio, but they had the same problem with the waistband waffling
        I don't get the love for ExOfficio at all, the lone pair that I tried was comfortable the first wear, but had waistband waffling after one wash (per their instructions) and were pretty much unwearable after a second washing. Worst $20 I ever spent. - This is probably an exaggeration

Comment

Originally posted by caktaylor View Post
          I didn’t realize that Uniqlo sold briefs until this thread. Obviously, I don’t have any experience with them, but if they are anything like the Airism boxer briefs, then they are going to be an incredible value.

OP, if you want something exceedingly lightweight and airy, I suggest you add a pair the Airism boxer briefs to your cart when (and if) you purchase Uniqlo briefs. They are cheap enough that even if you don’t like them, you won’t feel too bad about it.

Order your normal size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          x2 for Uniqlo Arism suggestion. These are miles better than cotton, and the fit is fantastic. I wear a suit five days a week and these are lifesavers in the the muggy DC summers. I also have their undershirts.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            I don't care for MeUndies. They are too soft and stretchy for me - the boxer brief legs stretch out and bunch up like crazy. The briefs are also a bit loosey goosey for my taste.
            I canceled my subscription after I got 5 or 6 pairs. I think they're very comfortable, but in practical terms not having an equipment flap is pretty annoying.
            I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

I'm also a fan of the Uniqlo Airism kind. They're super comfortable, quick drying, and affordable. Same for their undershirts.

Comment

I'm a fan of Tommy John, but just ordered some Bensly. It seems similar but a bit less expensive. Interested to see how it wears.

Comment

Ol. You guys have convinced me to take a look at these Uniqlo undies the next time I'm in the store.

Are their other models/styles just as good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    Ol. You guys have convinced me to take a look at these Uniqlo undies the next time I'm in the store.

Are their other models/styles just as good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I can't speak to the majority of their styles outside of the Airism kind, but I did end up getting a pair of their mesh Airisms, and did not like them. The sizing was also very different than the regular Airism fabric...and shrunk down to comical sizes when I washed them. Haven't had any of that with the others.

FWIW, it looks like they're having a sale right now and some of the Airism underwear is down to $5.90.

Comment

Though I am not a fan of their price, I really like MeUndies' boxer. The crotch is perhaps a bit lower than I would ideally like, but they are still super comfortable.

Comment

I bought some Mack Weldon's (boxer briefs) when they were running a discount. The 50-50 cotton-modal blend everyday ones. They are indeed nice, and soft and comfortable. They're probably a little bit overpriced even at the discount price though. I picked up a 3 pack of Michael Kors boxer briefs several months back when I was in a TJ Maxx and they are definitely a step up from the Hanes/Fruit of the Loom tier. Softer cotton and more stretch which makes them more supportive, form fitting and comfortable because it cuts down on bunching. I think even a full price a three pack of those is about what one pair of Mack Weldons is.
                        “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by L_Wilson View Post
                          I can't speak to the majority of their styles outside of the Airism kind, but I did end up getting a pair of their mesh Airisms, and did not like them. The sizing was also very different than the regular Airism fabric...and shrunk down to comical sizes when I washed them. Haven't had any of that with the others.

FWIW, it looks like they're having a sale right now and some of the Airism underwear is down to $5.90.
                          As a counterpoint to this, I love the mesh Airism boxer briefs. Size was true for me relative to other brands and have not shrink at all.

Comment

Originally posted by L_Wilson View Post
                            Shrunk from washing? How is that possible?

I wash them in cold water and they don't change. Other than knit wool, I don't think I've ever seen clothes shrink from washing, at least in cold water, including mesh Airism.

Comment

Originally posted by JT10000 View Post
                              Shrunk from washing? How is that possible?

I wash them in cold water and they don't change. Other than knit wool, I don't think I've ever seen clothes shrink from washing, at least in cold water, including mesh Airism.
                              Yeah. AirSM is not a natural fabric. They simply don't shrink....
                              Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                              --Jason Isbell

Comment

Love Tommy John

Comment

Working...
                                X