No announcement yet.

Looks You Really Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the cost of appearing modest, I've always enjoyed what I see in my mirror.

thmage, Neil Patrick Harris always looks good.

I usually like the outfits that Don Draper wears, but his new wife has him wear some oddities in the past few episodes. Daniel Craig's Bond always looks great.

Comment

"Does anybody else think Don Draper's ties are too narrow for his frame? Don't get me wrong, you could do way, way worse for a style icon, but it's just something I've noticed when watching the show. The photo Cannon posted is a little better than most of his skimpier ties. I usually am more inspired by Roger or Pete."

Hmmm. I haven't watched season 5 yet, but I seem to recall Kinsey and Campbell's ties being skinner than Don's. His generally seem less H&Mish, by comparison. He's not a small guy, so I see where you're coming from, but I actually might think the exact opposite - on guys like Cosgrove and Campbell, a skinny tie just seems to lend this Norman Rockwellian vibe to their attire. Skinny guys, skinny suits, skinny ties. I just don't really like super skinny ties in general, but I think Don has a bit more leeway.

I also tend to think that Campbell looks too wirey to really pull off some of the suits he wears. Don looks really good, and he definitely has a presence, but honestly, Roger's always been the one to really impress me with his wardrobe, especially since I'm a fan of the three-piece. I suspect they go for an understated thing with Don that there's no reason to mirror in Roger's choices.

Comment

Re: Don Draper

"Where is this "only button the bottom button on a two-button suit" look coming from? I've even seen many people on the street doing this, purposefully or not."

I don't know; but, I wish it would go back there...it.just.doesn't.work....jackets are constructed specifically to enhance buttoning the top button...anything else just hangs awkwardly. Don't make King Edward VII get medieval on you....

Comment

Roger is old money and dresses the part. I love his looks.

Comment

Exactly! Plus, the occasional double breasts he wears (and their wider lapel), the wider pinstripes/borderline chalkstripes, the elaborate pocket squares... it's all kind of evocative of the best parts of an earlier period in fashion.

P.S. Maybe it comes from when they don't have a matching belt, but also don't want to look stuffy by having both buttons done.

Comment

I like Don Draper's rare casual looks a lot. Though I personally don't like polos, he can pull them off.

Comment

Comment

Re: Don Draper casual

I agree that his casual looks are better. I'm not sure exactly what it is about the suits that bother me. It's just that they aren't proportionate or something. The polos fit a little cleaner. Looks good.

Comment

This isn't too hard to copy, but I like a lot of the suits on the show:

Comment

I love Don Draper's casual looks, too. The LA episodes of Mad Men are some of my favorites (soundtracks especially). I personally like polo shirts, and think the classic tailored look is quite sharp.

This Bond polo by Sunspel is based on a 50s cut:

"Hamm and eggs":

Comment

Oof. Love that shirt Hamm is wearing.

Comment

get inspired

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Ha, I was looking for a pocket square idea to go with my new red gingham shirt. Thanks tdig.

Comment

@tdig -- there was a guy in the 2nd pic? still very inspiring though

Comment

@jessy i have the same red gingham thats in that last picture except with cuff links and i just snagged a very similar peak lapel navy blazer from frank and oak. i really want to find the pocket square that he is rocking. love the stitching detail around the edges.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Working...
                                X