No announcement yet.

The "New" Allen Edmonds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=12711]Dapper_B[/MENTION] : That is absolutely shameful that they would ship you a pair of shoes like that. I hope the "final sale" policy doesn't let them get away with shipping defective goods.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

[MENTION=17354]mebejoseph[/MENTION] : Those weren't mine...they were posts from people on massdrop complaining...

Comment

My massdrops are missing suede on one of the toes. As in they look like someone took an ice cream scoop and dug into the toe and removed it.

Massdrop was generous enough to offer a whopping 15% refund.

The QC has *DEFINITELY* been lacking over the past couple years, steadily declining. It's almost as if they just let everything out the door as firsts then the stuff that comes back goes on the bank as seconds.
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
          I had heard people were having a tough time with Massdrop over these but HOW IN THE HELL do they justify a 15% refund on a defective/damaged product?

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
            I had heard people were having a tough time with Massdrop over these but HOW IN THE HELL do they justify a 15% refund on a defective/damaged product?
            It's a brain teaser for sure.

I'm toying with having a cobbler see if they can brush/dye successfully to disguise it or render it invisible. /shrug
            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
              My massdrops are missing suede on one of the toes. As in they look like someone took an ice cream scoop and dug into the toe and removed it.

The QC has *DEFINITELY* been lacking over the past couple years, steadily declining. It's almost as if they just let everything out the door as firsts then the stuff that comes back goes on the bank as seconds.
              Being a lawyer, I have to wonder how well these "final sale" policies would hold up in court when the goods sold are materially defective. Of course, it's not worth suing over a $300 pair of shoes, but I still wonder.

I've contemplated buying from Massdrop, but seeing your post and some of the pictures [MENTION=6939]Dapp[/MENTION]er B posted, I don't think I ever will.

I know you're probably underpaid being in the military, so I'm sorry you have to deal with making such a big spend and getting crap shoes.

Comment

Had a chance to go up to Port Washington this weekend. The store was pretty empty at 4 pm on a Saturday, so I was able to talk to the sales staff a bit.

1. I asked if there had been a lot of changes due to the acquisition by Caleres. His response was “Oh yes...” and it definitely didn’t seem to be positive, but he didn’t expound and I didn’t press him.

2. I asked about the seeming purge of classic models and they all said they didn’t think shoes like Park Ave and the like were going anywhere. I could definitely see some models being phased out beyond the core group (Park, 5th, Strand, McAllister)

3. I managed to snag supposed first-quality MacNeil 2.0 in brown pebble country grain for $200 that are being shipped from Ohio, but the pricing is a bit confusing. Given that with my return it cost me $12 out of pocket, I wasn’t inclined to ask a lot of questions.

4. I was returning seconds quality black Exchange Place from over a year ago, and was able to make the return, but they had a sign on the counter about a 90-day return policy. There’s no reference to that on the Shoebank website though. It does match the general policy on the main website, but that specifically refers to online purchases. I also was not charged the $25 restock fee. This may all be because my initial purchase was made prior to these policies being implemented.

5. They apparently have first-quality made for the outlet shoes now, so theoretically you can get firsts quality for seconds prices, but I believe you have to go to the outlet stores to get them. That also was not advertised, but they had a table up front that one of the salesmen said was all first-quality shoes produced for the factory store.

6. I was able to get a shot of the old brown burnished next to the new coffee or medium brown. Not sure how these will display, but the McAllisters are in brown burnished and the Strands are in coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This may not be the quality of the shoes, but more of their sending of receipts. I walked into one of their stores near me to buy laces on September 27. Today I got the e-receipt, 11 days later. Anyone with similar results?

Comment

Funny you should mention that. I bought some Dalton’s from the shoe bank on 9/4 and they sent an ereceipt about an hour ago. Odd.

Comment

Same thing happened to me with an ereceipt from an in-store shoe polish purchase I made on Sep 5.

I ordered a pair of shoes from them during their Columbus Day Sale. Now, I’m worried a tube of shoe polish is going to show up instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Allen Edmonds is now using Baker Mayfield as a spokesperson... as a Texas fan, it's really giving me pause. Seems like an overreach to be "cool" IMO.

At least we beat OU this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by akosmowski View Post
                          This may not be the quality of the shoes, but more of their sending of receipts. I walked into one of their stores near me to buy laces on September 27. Today I got the e-receipt, 11 days later. Anyone with similar results?
                          Originally posted by 300e View Post
                          Funny you should mention that. I bought some Dalton’s from the shoe bank on 9/4 and they sent an ereceipt about an hour ago. Odd.
                          Originally posted by caktaylor View Post
                          Same thing happened to me with an ereceipt from an in-store shoe polish purchase I made on Sep 5.

I ordered a pair of shoes from them during their Columbus Day Sale. Now, I’m worried a tube of shoe polish is going to show up instead.
                          What's wrong with emailing receipts?

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                            Allen Edmonds is now using Baker Mayfield as a spokesperson... as a Texas fan, it's really giving me pause. Seems like an overreach to be "cool" IMO.

That's a head scratcher. Who do they think their market is that they have a 23 year old spokesman?

I don't see dudes in their early 20's spending $400 for dress shoes. Nor the average NFL fan.

And I don't generally take advice from a 23 year old on too many things.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post

As a long suffering Brown's fan I'm just glad our QB will have a proper pair of shoes on during all these post win press conferences I'm expecting

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                                What's wrong with emailing receipts?
                                For me and 300e, both of our transactions were over a month ago.

In my case, it was an in-person, in the store transaction and I didn’t request an ereceipt.

I don’t think we were complaining. (I wasn’t.) We were just saying that it is weird we are receiving receipts now for stale transactions. (And at least in my case, I didn’t ask for the ereceipt since I had a paper receipt.)

I did sign up for the new customer loyalty program when they rolled out their new site. My guess is that our emails are the result some combination of signing up for the emails and an IT upgrade or maintenance they performed overnight. But that is just a guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X