Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoe travel bag

Friends-

Although this may seem like excess and unnecessary, I’m looking for a good looking shoe travel bag solely for the purpose of taking my shoes into work on cruddy weather days when I’m wearing my trusty bean boots.

Yes, I could just carry them.

Yes, I could just jam them into my briefcase.

But, I’d like a separate bag anyway that serves the purpose and looks good.

I’m currently looking at these:

BAGSMART Portable Travel Shoe Bags with Zipper Closure Gym Sport Shoe Tote Bags, Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744BNKMK..._01uMBbE5WK1KR

Hynes Eagle Portable Travel Gear Shoe Bags Pouch Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7BLH8Q..._o2uMBbF1DG9QY

Does anyone have either- experience with these, or another bag they use for this same reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should just carry them. They will fit fine in your briefcase, why waste money?

OK, there, I got the pointless descenting opinions out of the way for you. Cool? As for your bags, I dont have experience with either but I like the first one better.

Comment

They both look about the same to me. I feel like both are designed to basically be dividers within luggage so I'm not sure how fun they would be to carry around on their own with those little handles, versus some kind of a shoulder strap or something.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        They both look about the same to me. I feel like both are designed to basically be dividers within luggage so I'm not sure how fun they would be to carry around on their own with those little handles, versus some kind of a shoulder strap or something.
        That might make them versatile though - for actual travel as well as OP's main purpose.

OP: What about a small tote bag? Maybe something in everyone's favorite stylish yet manly material - waxed canvas. I think LL Bean and Lands End both make something like this. Etsy is another place to look. Joe has included totes in some of the recent Style Scenarios as well. Super versatile as well given the fact that it can be used as, well, a bag.

Comment

Let us know how this works out for you.

My current method is to insert a shoe tree, put the shoe in a shoe bag, wrap the shoe bag in a foam/velcro camera lens wrap, and put these shoe packages in my carry-on luggage.

I started doing all this when a pair of shoes I had in my luggage came out scratched from just being in the cloth shoe bag.

Comment

Do you take mass transit or would have to carry or is this something that may reside in your car until you get to work?

I could see those other bags being a hassle if taking mass transit.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
              You should just carry them. They will fit fine in your briefcase, why waste money?

OK, there, I got the pointless descenting opinions out of the way for you. Cool? As for your bags, I dont have experience with either but I like the first one better.
              Hahaa THANKS.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                Do you take mass transit or would have to carry or is this something that may reside in your car until you get to work?

I could see those other bags being a hassle if taking mass transit.
                This is a pretty simple 10 min suburb drive to my place of work (a school). They will sit in the back of my expedition.

So I see the idea of the waxed canvas totes/shoulder bags.

Would allow me to use them for something else. To note though- I used my first season goodfellow weekender bag for this the other day. Just turned out to be much bigger than I needed.

Will continue to look around though. I like the idea of a bag for this purpose. Might be something that lands here in the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                X