No announcement yet.

SS havana for Business and Interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while I agree with everyone here that a lined jacket will likely provide a cleaner, more professional silhouette, the reality is that a SS jacket, whether lined or unlined, will look 10x better than whatever the average interviewee will be wearing in most circumstances, which is an ill-fitting, fused jacket from a mall fashion or discount fashion store. So I think an unlined Havana with flap pockets would be just fine almost 99% of the time.

Comment

Let me post pics on the fit of the Havana on me vs. the Lazio. I am worried that the Lazio swallows me. I am slim, 5'9" 165, and I have a small frame. Grey pic is the lazio. The blue jacket is the Havana. Sorry about the lighting. SS doesn't have particularly bright lights.

Comment

Ok, between those two, the blue all day long. It's much more flattering on you.

Comment

You may want to try a size down in the Lazio.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            My thinking is a lined coat will show better. Maybe have more structure and give you better form. A more professional/polished look. Just my $0.05 though.
            I understand where both ( [MENTION=17082]Hebrew Barrister[/MENTION]) of you are coming from. I would argue that fit is the most important. Also, the OP’s location and occupation may give him a little more leeway. Finally, 99% of the interview will most likely be sitting down witth the jacket unbuttoned, eliminating most benefits of drape.

Comment

The blue jacket is more flattering for your physique, but I would go with what [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] had to and try sizing down in the Lazio.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                You may want to try a size down in the Lazio.
                Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                The blue jacket is more flattering for your physique, but I would go with what [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] had to and try sizing down in the Lazio.
                I tried sizing down, and I couldn't pull off the look I wanted. The canvas is too stiff, and I am not big enough in the upper chest to fill it out. I returned everything. I thought about getting a Traveler Havana, but I went against it. Although the Havana jacket fits phenomenally, the pants are the same cut as the Lazio, and they didn't fit right either. I must have and odd thin shape. Actually the Bonobos suit OTR fit ME way better.

Anyways, appreciate the help and suggestions
                Last edited by JpbRDU; September 12, 2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X