SS havana for Business and Interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS havana for Business and Interviews

So I went into SS for the first time yesterday, and I was impressed with the store and level of service. I ended up purchasing a Grey lazio. However, I like the cut of the Havana a lot more. My only gripe was that the jacket is unlined and you can see through the back if the light hits it right. This also has it's advantages as I live in the south, and it's hot. Question: is the Havana Traveler dressy enough for interview and business? I am in sales, 38R, slim fame

The challenge with formally and the Havana are the patch pockets, not the lining. If you live in a hot climate, you should be wearing unlined jackets. If you look good in the suit, it should be fine.

Comment

I would personally avoid patch pocket for an interview, but my sales style is on the conservative style. If you have a personality that is flashy, I think the Havana would be just fine.

The unlined aspect doesn’t really matter. If you are wearing a solid white or blue shirt, no one will notice

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerking View Post
        The challenge with formally and the Havana are the patch pockets, not the lining. If you live in a hot climate, you should be wearing unlined jackets. If you look good in the suit, it should be fine.
        Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
        I would personally avoid patch pocket for an interview, but my sales style is on the conservative style. If you have a personality that is flashy, I think the Havana would be just fine.

The unlined aspect doesn’t really matter. If you are wearing a solid white or blue shirt, no one will notice
        The particular havana I am looking at has flap pockets not patch pockets

Comment

I would not wear an unlined jacket to an interview. Just no.

However, for any other purposes in hot weather? Absolutely.

Comment

I agree. patch pockets is just too casual for a job interview.

Comment

depends on your field, even interviews are increasingly casual nowadays. i have no problem wearing unlined, patch pocket jackets and even suede shoes.

Comment

Honestly dressing to show respect should be fine wouldn't worry about the details of patch pockets that much

and try on the trousers if you haven't havana I believe is for smaller builds/legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
                  I would not wear an unlined jacket to an interview. Just no.

However, for any other purposes in hot weather? Absolutely.
                  +1 on this. I'm an old school kinda guy when it comes to job interviews. While society as whole might be getting more casual, there are certain old school ways that I still adhere too. Lined jackets for an interview for example is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    +1 on this. I'm an old school kinda guy when it comes to job interviews. While society as whole might be getting more casual, there are certain old school ways that I still adhere too. Lined jackets for an interview for example is one of them.
                    Curious why a lining matters so much to you or [MENTION=17082]Hebrew Barrister[/MENTION] ? I would argue that 99% of people wouldn’t notice the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by JpbRDU View Post
                      The particular havana I am looking at has flap pockets not patch pockets
                      I am going to quote because people are not looking at the replies...the Havana has historically been a patch pocket suit but I found the one you may be talking about. I think this would be fine for interviews.

https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...fv2=flappocket

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                        I am going to quote because people are not looking at the replies...the Havana has historically been a patch pocket suit but I found the one you may be talking about. I think this would be fine for interviews.

https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...fv2=flappocket
                        Thank you for linking it. This is the one I am talking about

Comment

Maybe some input from a recruiter would come in handy

It really isn’t a big deal. Most people don’t know the differences between suit jacket styles, let alone would recognize that patch pockets are casual.

Comment

Curious why a lining matters so much to you or [MENTION=17082]Hebrew Barrister[/MENTION] ? I would argue that 99% of people wouldn’t notice the difference.
                            Unlined coats don't hang the same way. They hang more like shirts and don't the perfect drape that a lined wool jacket does.

Mind you - I am a huge fan of unlined sport coats, and own more unlined than lined. However, I'd never wear anything unlined for a formal occasion, as the perfect drape just isn't there.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

My thinking is a lined coat will show better. Maybe have more structure and give you better form. A more professional/polished look. Just my $0.05 though.

Comment

Working...
                              X