Can I salvage these AE 2nds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I salvage these AE 2nds?

I recently bought a pair of Factory 2nd AE Lake Forest loafers. There is significant creasing/wrinkling in the leather on one of the shoes. Is this something I can fix? I was thinking of trying Saphir renovating repair cream to try to fill the wrinkles in, but I'm not all that confident it will work. Is there anything else I should try, or should I just send them back and pay the restocking fee? Any advice appreciated.

https://i.imgur.com/Ki6tmVt.jpg

You can't fix that.

Comment

thats why i wont buy seconds. I saw way worse than that in a factory store of theirs.

Comment

Nope, those were seconds for that reason I bet. You win some you lose some with the Shoebank.

Comment

Not to disagree with my Dappered Brethren, but you might be able to with a heat gun. See Justin Fitzpatrick's Youtube video on fixing creases in leather. It might work. Maybe. Worth a try at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2cZUwOFSDU
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Those are the cow's stretch marks. The hope during construction was that they would've been pulled taught when it was stretched around the wooden last during construction.

I'd actually be okay with that in a casual sense cause of the story it tells of the cow, what I don't like is the messy cut? at the top of the other vamp, the penny strap. Is that just or weird crease or glue or something?

The heating trick redistributes the waxes and conditioners in the leathers that were pushed out from the flexing process.

Comment

I think those like fine for seconds. If I wore loafers, I'd keep.

Comment

Working...
              X