Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMProf
    replied

For a splurge I'd recommend their shoes. Their "medallion perforated captoe" is the Allen Edmonds strand (exact same shoe; AE manufactures for BB). BTW, BBs big semi-annual sale is coming up the day after Father's day. That's a good day to use your gift card.

Leave a comment:

• TTigers70
    replied

Thanks for the advice everyone. I never realized how steep BB was until I got this gift card. I have a few pieces I've thrifted from them, the quality shows but yikes I guess I'm just not used to paying ~$100 for one shirt.

Leave a comment:

• thomaspaine
    replied

If you can wait, Brooks Brother's semi-annual sale starts June 18th. Typically 40% off.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied

I have a car coat / single-breasted trench from BB and I get compliments all the time. It isn't as slim/fashionably cut as some may like here, but the construction is great and it fits me pretty well, particularly over my suits (which is how I wear it a majority of the time).

-- trying to find it online; it may be the fairmont car coat, but mine is in a dark khaki color. Mine came with a removable liner as well, so it's possible it isn't made anymore (or at least not this season). I bought during a sale, got a free leather weekend bag (pebbled leather, is a great bag), and it all cost ~ $350-400. I'd recommend waiting for a sale, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Get the BB corporate card if you don't have one, Google it for getting some ID#'s etc

May 23 was the friends and family discount of %30 off.

Not sure if that includes shoes, but nice shoes are always good if you don't have many.

I can't recommend anything as I have yet to buy anything BB due to me not agreeing with their pricing for trousers and shirts. I almost bought their slim polos but I really dislike the logos and the "american cut" predominance on most items.

Leave a comment:

• TTigers70
    started a topic Brooks Brothers Splurge

Brooks Brothers Splurge

I recently got a $100 gift card to BB and I'm looking for some opinions on what I should use it on. I'm leaning away from shirts, ties, and suits because I'm pretty good on those fronts. I'm thinking about a few clearance outerwear pieces or if I should put it toward a good pair of shoes. I splurge in volume during sales but never on a single item and think the gift card will mitigate buyers remorse. I'm a 42L, large, 34W 34L if that helps.

Thanks

Working...
X