• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casual Wedding Outfit - Need Help

Casual summer wedding. I am 6'4" 185 and planning on wearing:

shirt - slim and tailored BR white dress shirt

pants - LEC khaki refined slim fit chino

belt - brown leather

shoes - no show socks with brown Sperry Topsiders or Beeswax Clark Desert boots

I want to get a 2 3/4" knitted tie from The Tie Bar, and was thinking straight black, but am now having second thoughts since none of the rest of my outfit has black. Would it look okay? If not, what color and or pattern should I go with?

Thanks!

I would go navy if you're trying to play it safe, have a tie you could wear over and over again, and stay casual. Especially if you don't like taking style risks. You would want a tie bar, v-neck sweater, vest or sportcoat if you're wearing a tie.

Comment

Navy or a pattern. Your ensemble is quite toned down so you would have a lot of leeway with your tie choice.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Naturally, lots of color ways can be yet another.Cheap Nike Air Max A large 6 frames on this cheap nike max air that will employ bright in it can be second because principal coloring in the sneaker. rather air max 95 the way they fit.

Comment

Take a look at the knottery, too. They have a couple of knit ties with nice patterns -- I like the navy with white stripes.

Comment

If it were me, I'd go with a navy tie instead of black. I feel like it would mix better with the khakis. A solid tie is a safe choice. If you want to have a little more fun, you could go with something in madras plaid or one of The Tie Bar's new chambray ties.

Comment

@ OP

I would recommend going with a jacket rather than a tie to complete the look. Never been a big fan of the tie with no jacket look.

Comment

Working...
              X