JCrew Crosby Worsted Wool Suit different color separates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCrew Crosby Worsted Wool Suit different color separates

Here is my question. I just ordered Worsted wool suit in charcoal but also thinking about navy. Since no navy pants are available I'm about to order just a navy suit jacket.

Considering that it will be the same Worsted Wool, would it be possible to use it as a blazer with pants from charcoal suit?

Thank you
    NYker

I would definitely order one of their navy blazers instead.

Comment

Agree, no point in buying a suit jacket to wear as a blazer. Also, depends on the shade, but navy + charcoal is not a great combination IMHO - not enough contrast.

Comment

Another question

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
        Agree, no point in buying a suit jacket to wear as a blazer. Also, depends on the shade, but navy + charcoal is not a great combination IMHO - not enough contrast.
        Thank you very much for your prompt answer. What are your opinions on center vent and double vent? Price is the same. Even when I was in great shape Crosby was the only jacket that fit me and now I'm a little overweight and 5'7 tall. Which one would be better?

Thank you in advance

Comment

It used to be one would wear single vented jackets while riding, and double vented for sitting in a chair -- leg position being the key difference.

Now it's largely a matter of preference, short of black tie. If you have a prominent posterior a double vent will allow a smoother contour and proper coverage. That said, I lean towards double vents for practicality; I spend most of my day sitting, and the vents on the sides makes it easy to access my trouser pockets.

Comment

Thanks Glacobar,
            I don't plan to ride a horse in a foreseeable future (unless I got offer to play James Bond or Ethan Hunt) I think I will lean towards double vent.

I'm so glad I found this forum. Thanks everyone for your help and advise.

Comment

Working...
            X