Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on AE Sneakers?

Hi all,

With the current AE sale I was browsing their website and found the Porter sneaker: https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/m...rt=2&prefv1=12

It comes to $112 with the 40% off code. What do you guys think? Good deal? I like AE, but have never owned a pair of their offshore-built shoes. I also know sneakers are a relatively new offering. Thanks for your thoughts!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't like how it looks. I'm sure quality is good for the price, but still. Yuck.

Comment

I like how it looks--so, it's a matter of person taste. $112 seems like a good value. And it's not a final sale, is it? You can return it for free.
      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
        I like how it looks--so, it's a matter of person taste. $112 seems like a good value. And it's not a final sale, is it? You can return it for free.
        No, not final sale. I'm still debating... I have trouble with $100+ on sneakers, but realistically, leather Jack Purcells are getting up there and probably don't match AE quality.

Comment

Hard no. That's way too much money for sneakers.

Comment

IMO it's not an attractive sneaker and I feel like $100+ is also pretty expensive for a casual sneaker anyway.
            Ben

Comment

I’d rather have stan smiths or killshots

Comment

Not my thing personally. I can’t imagine sneakers are made that much better to be worth that much more.

I could be very wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Even if you like the look, you can get something similar in another brand for half the price.

Comment

i dont care for the style. Price is subjective. I wan the epaulet trainers but cant quite part with 200 when i want some more dress shoes and have the white leather vans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                      No, not final sale. I'm still debating... I have trouble with $100+ on sneakers, but realistically, leather Jack Purcells are getting up there and probably don't match AE quality.

And some places are over $200 for sneakers now:

https://www.cobbler-union.com/collections/sneakers

I don't have any sneakers unless you consider my running shoes. I've ordered a few pairs and not really liked them that much when I've tried them on.

So, maybe I'm the wrong person to have an opinion.
                      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Not a fan. I don't think these hybrid kind of sneakers work. I don't feel like they work well with either shorts or pants. I'd much prefer a pair of desert boots with pants, then a pair of real sneakers (e.g. Stan Smiths, Greats brand) for either pants or shorts.

Comment

The suede lining alone would deter me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X