Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuitSupply's New Drawstring Trousers

Hey Gents,

What do you all think of SS's new Ames trousers with the drawstrings. I just can't really wrap my mind around the applicability of them. It's a shame too, as that light grey flannel shown on the main page this morning looked fantastic.

Seems to me like it ruins the suit, but are there differing opinions out there?

You're not their target consumer.

Comment

seems quite silly to me but I guess 3piece is right. The question is who IS their target customer? Who is buying that?

Comment

Yeah I guess I'm not and maybe [MENTION=16293]neminat[/MENTION] really hit the nail on the head of what the real question here is. Who is their target customer for this?

Keeping in mind that I own 5 SS suits and regularly look at their website, including every time a new collection drops, and own a couple of suits off the beaten path in terms of styling (i.e. not just navy or charcoal), like the blue linen herringbone Havana from the last outlet open to Canadians.

So again, if not me or someone like me, then who?

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
          Hey Gents,

What do you all think of SS's new Ames trousers with the drawstrings. I just can't really wrap my mind around the applicability of them. It's a shame too, as that light grey flannel shown on the main page this morning looked fantastic.

Seems to me like it ruins the suit, but are there differing opinions out there?
          In cotton or linen with an untucked shirt, if I'm going for a topical casual look--sure, I guess. But in wool with a suit? I can't see myself doing that. Although I say that about every new fashion trend, and then when it catches on, I finally give in and wear it.
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

I was looking around for an un-suit alternative a month ago, and stumbled across one on Brooks Brothers... Which also had this the drawstring (and sort of front patch pant pockets too).

So they're not alone fwiw

Comment

Just because more companies are doing it, doesn't make it right or good.

Remember how super-padded shoulders were all the rage 25-30 years ago?

Yeah.
              https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Don't lie to yourself, shoulder pads never went out of style

Comment

Wow, as owner of 11 Suit Supply suits I'm surprised at this. They look like pajama bottoms. The waist looks horrible. I still don't get the " target consumer" reference but Suit Supply always has new collections pop up every season although, this one I don't get.

Comment

Originally posted by Fewthoughts View Post
                    Don't lie to yourself, shoulder pads never went out of style
                    this is true. if you go to low end, blah old-people targetting low end retailers, the jos a banks, and even the walmarts of the world, the padded shoulder hasn't even skipped a beat.

if you go to brooks brothers they got it too! but they also got slim stuff too!

as for these? i think if i saw someone in these i'd have to cancel their cool-kid club card.

Last edited by evanparker; August 28, 2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3piece View Post
                      You're not their target consumer.
                      who is the target customer for these ???!

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                        who is the target customer for these ???!
                        style bloggers im sure. They will be the only ones to think about putting them on.

Comment

sweatdresspants single handedly killed sharp professional dress. bye bye j crew lol

Comment

I feel like this would work if you are the type to wears sneakers with a suit and make it casual dressed up? I have it in my mind that this could work but there would never be a tie involved...more like a T-shirt and white sneakers.

Comment

Maybe they are for the stay at home/work from home crowd? That way you can work from home, be dressed in style, yet still be comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                              X