Fall boots for dusty or muddy days out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall boots for dusty or muddy days out

I am looking for a pair of boots I can wear that can get dusty or muddy and I won't shed a tear about ruining some high dollar boots. I still want them to be quality however.

I really want a pair of 1k miles but I am quite sure they will never be worn in muddy or dusty trails (pumpkin patch, apple picking, etc). I will want to keep those looking clean but with some normal wear.

You are heading to an apple farm and it rained the night before. What do you guys wear?

I wear my burgundy Chippewa (for J. Crew version) cap toe boots for such conditions. The scuffs and scratches give it so much more character, and the pull up leather is a breeze to take care of (just wipe/brush and condition ever once in awhile).

Comment

I've been looking for something similar.

So far at the top of my list:

Blundstone https://theinventory.com/blundstone-...-18-1798634199

Danner Vertigo 917 https://www.danner.com/vertigo-917-black.html

Have seen sales that can bring the Blundstone around $125 and the Danner around $160

Comment

I can highly recommend AE Higgins Mill. Dainite sole, though, so not much in the way of tread.
        I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Check out the Allen Edmonds Vancouver boot, ok Shoe Bank it's only $157. Waterproof and got some good beefy tread/lugs.

Comment

Here's the Chippewas. Indoors, they look more mahogany, but in natural light, they're a really nice burgundy.

Comment

I have a pair of Hoggs Professionals for such duty, but I have to say the toe cap on those Chippewas make for a better looking boot...

Comment

i really like those. JCrew doesnt sell them anymore. Are they comparable to anything specific on Chippewas site?

Comment

They're the same as the 6" homestead cap toe in burgundy. As far as I could tell, the only difference was that they came with different (and imo better) waxed laces. Instead of usual flat waxed laces, these came with flat tubular laces.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                    They're the same as the 6" homestead cap toe in burgundy. As far as I could tell, the only difference was that they came with different (and imo better) waxed laces. Instead of usual flat waxed laces, these came with flat tubular laces.
                    I just picked up some 1k on that from nordstrom rack. I am HOPING they fit right. It is the Evans (rubber sole) and are only 200 bucks! I tried to buy a 9 and 9.5 but the 9.5 was sold out The reviews on the main site said to size down from dress shoes. I sure hope they are right. If they are that is a STEAL and exactly what i wanted! Not sure i could let them be used for dirt and mud. Heck now that i think of it, i should have bought two pairs. One for character and one for more dressy occasions!!

Comment

Originally posted by neminat View Post
                      I just picked up some 1k on that from nordstrom rack. I am HOPING they fit right. It is the Evans (rubber sole) and are only 200 bucks! I tried to buy a 9 and 9.5 but the 9.5 was sold out The reviews on the main site said to size down from dress shoes. I sure hope they are right. If they are that is a STEAL and exactly what i wanted! Not sure i could let them be used for dirt and mud. Heck now that i think of it, i should have bought two pairs. One for character and one for more dressy occasions!!
                      Hope it works out for you! I had tried them on in my size during the anniversary sale last year but the instep was way too low for my right foot (which has a significantly higher instep) but the left foot was fine. 8.5D width was alright for my 8W feet.

Comment

I have a pair of Chippewas that would do (mine are the ones they make for LL Bean - the Katahdin Ironworks boot). I also might wear my hiking boots, though they are not the most fashionable and I tend to reserve them for real hiking of strenuous mountain trails. Last year I got a version of the Danner Vertigos mentioned above from a company called Forsake - they're billed as "sneaker boots" and don't offer the support and stability of a true hiking boot, but have a waterproof breathable liner and are lighter weight and perfectly fine for city streets or muddy fields on wet days. The model I have is called the Trail Boot but they are not something I'd personally wear on a rugged trail given the choice - they sacrificed support for light weight cushioning. Makes them much more wearable around town but less adequate for serious hiking. Hope this image posts OK as I have not done that before on this site.
                        “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

I think the j crew kenton line when they are at least 40% off are good value.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan850 View Post
                            I think the j crew kenton line when they are at least 40% off are good value.
                            Good point. low inventory on normal sizes right now. After reading a threat about them going cheaper on their build quality i hope they arent being replaced. Price seems retail so makes me think that is not the case though.

Comment

Higgins Mill, Sturgis 2.0, and Normandy are all good AE offerings.

Truman though....hoooooooly smokes do they make some seriously badass stuff.
                              https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Working...
                              X