Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickJ
    replied
    I returned everything but the black denim.

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    The Traveler Pants I ordered came in today and, yup, they're skinny jeans. Mine are also going back.
    Last edited by Geo; September 5, 2018, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hokiechris
    replied
    Well...I ordered another pair since they were on sale again. I can’t even button this pair. They are skin tight around my calves too. I checked to make sure I didn’t mess up my order but no, I ordered the exact same size. So, buyer beware of inconsistent sizing on these. I will have to return them.

Leave a comment:

• Hokiechris
    replied
    Originally posted by mochi123 View Post
    How is the length? I'm 5'10, with a bit longer torso and a shorter legs than average men of my height, and I wear 32 inseam, just like you, for my Levi's, which gives about a quarter to no break.

I'm 4 inches shorter than you, so I'm thinking maybe BR's inseam is measured a bit differently than Levi's inseam.

I think the length is similar to my 541. But, I have 3 pair of 541 and I don’t think the inseam is exactly the same on any of them. The BR denim are fine on me without rolling them up and with low top leather sneakers. I always buy 34x32 in pants and the length on the BR denim seems about right to me.

Leave a comment:

• neminat
    replied
    i want to start by saying i purchased the rapid movement denim last year and LOVE them. They are my go to jean hands down. Excellent fit, not too tapered and not a skinny jean.

I purchased a pair when the new colors came out in March and they are terrible. Same slim fit rapid movement denim in the exact same size. They are super skinny fit and i hate them.

BR has found themselves off my radar. I dont like anything but their tee shirts right now.

Leave a comment:

• mochi123
    replied
    How is the length? I'm 5'10, with a bit longer torso and a shorter legs than average men of my height, and I wear 32 inseam, just like you, for my Levi's, which gives about a quarter to no break.

I'm 4 inches shorter than you, so I'm thinking maybe BR's inseam is measured a bit differently than Levi's inseam.

Leave a comment:

• Hokiechris
    replied
    Originally posted by dappertert View Post
    Compared to the Slim Fit, the Athletic Tapered are roomier in the thighs and seat but even narrower at the ankle. They have a very strong taper.
    Yeah, they are really tapered. A lot more than the Levi’s 541 that I have. You could buy them a little long and then roll them up...that might make the taper feel a little less aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• dappertert
    replied
    Compared to the Slim Fit, the Athletic Tapered are roomier in the thighs and seat but even narrower at the ankle. They have a very strong taper.

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    [MENTION=17911]Hokiechris[/MENTION] I had the same reaction to this post. I thought the athletic tapered fit had plenty of room in the thighs. Their slim fit are like jeggings but the athletic taper actually fit well. I only tried the Rapid Movement Jean so maybe the Traveler Pants run smaller. I have a pair of the Travelers on the way so I'll compare them to Bonobos athletic fit when they come in.

Leave a comment:

• Hokiechris
    replied
    I just bought some BR Athletic Tapered Rapid Movement Denim and they’re great. Are we talking about the same denim? These aren’t slim the way you’re describing. I previously tried the Bonobos Athletic fit and I could barely get them over my legs. They were like jeggings on me. The BR are roomier and have a lot of stretch. I’m 6’ 190 with thicker thighs and glutes and these might be the best pair of denim I’ve ever worn.

Leave a comment:

• Pepetito
    replied
    same thing I experienced. was mega disappointed when mine came in. basically skinny jeans. gonna have to try the straight fit.

Leave a comment:

• NickJ
    started a topic New BR Rapid Movement Athletic Tapered Fit Review

New BR Rapid Movement Athletic Tapered Fit Review

I jumped on the recent 50% sale and purchased 4 pairs of the RM Athletic Tapered jeans/traveler pants last week. They arrived yesterday afternoon. I'll continue to provide updates over the next few days but here are my initial reactions for size 34/32:

- Slim. Super slim. Nothing like the Bonobos Athletic Fit or Levi 541. 3 out of the 4 pairs are not work appropriate (I'm 35, they might be work appropriate if you are 22 and skinny jeans are welcome).
    - Discrepancies in fit between colors. I'm wearing the black pair to work today - they were the "largest" of the four.
    - The material is incredibly comfortable. Love the stretch.

AT RM Denim Black Jean:
    - Like I said above, these are the pair I wore to work today. Good fit in the waist, not too slim and has a nice modern cut.

AT RM Denim Dark Wash Rinse Wash Jean:
    - Skinny jean. Definitely needed to stretch the belt region to affix the button. Hoping they may relax a bit if I wear them around the house this weekend. Crotch area bulges because of fit.

AT Heathered Charcoal Traveler Pant:
    - Much darker in person than on the website. Almost looks like black. Decent fit - still very slim. Again, I hope they relax if I wear them a bit. Crotch area bulges because of fit.

AT Khaki Traveler Pant:
    - Yoga pants. No chance I'm keeping these. Can see quad outline.

Info about me:
    6'2" 200lbs.
    Jeans/Pants with a 12.5"-13" thigh fit me well (as measured 1" below crotch seam). This includes Bonobos Athletic Fit, Levi 541, Lucky 410, Naked and Famous Easy Guy (with waist altered).

I'll add some pictures for reference.
Working...
X