Denim Shades for Fall..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denim Shades for Fall..

What shades of denim are recommended for Fall/Winter months? I was looking over my jeans and i'm very dark blue heavy. I'll be wearing darker brown boots and black or grey casual/athletic shoes.
    Last edited by brokenbones; August 23, 2018, 10:07 PM.

I have a pair in a dark olive green I really like. They work well with most of my wardrobe because I don't really have anything else green. I especially like how they look with my brown boots.

I like grey too, but that might look weird with the sneakers depending on the shades.

Comment

In the Fall and Winter when I am wearing dark brown boots, I wear Bonobos Travel Jeans (Richmond Khaki) and the Blue Jean (Roanoke Medium Wash). The Roanoke Medium Wash looks better in-person than in the picture used on their website. For grey or black causal shoes, depending on the shade, I would probably try the Bonobos Travel Jeans in Austin Asphalt or La Grey. Sorry, I am Bonobos heavy when it comes to pants. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony McQueen View Post
        In the Fall and Winter when I am wearing dark brown boots, I wear Bonobos Travel Jeans (Richmond Khaki) and the Blue Jean (Roanoke Medium Wash). The Roanoke Medium Wash looks better in-person than in the picture used on their website. For grey or black causal shoes, depending on the shade, I would probably try the Bonobos Travel Jeans in Austin Asphalt or La Grey. Sorry, I am Bonobos heavy when it comes to pants. Good luck.
        Do you have experience with the BR traveler Jeans? And how the stretch compares? Anyone out there? I have the BR and like the stretch a lot. The “stretch” washed chinos and premium “stretch” jeans from bonobos don’t feel elastic at all- compared to something like 7FAM luxe performance, or the Nordstrom Ballard chinos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmeyers View Post
          Do you have experience with the BR traveler Jeans? And how the stretch compares? Anyone out there? I have the BR and like the stretch a lot. The “stretch” washed chinos and premium “stretch” jeans from bonobos don’t feel elastic at all- compared to something like 7FAM luxe performance, or the Nordstrom Ballard chinos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the amount of stretch in BR blows bonobos out of the water, and i used to be a bonobos fanboy. Can't live without the EXTREME stretch now.

Comment

I don't recommend them at all. Glass or plastic shades would work much better.

Comment

Originally posted by dappertert View Post
              I don't recommend them at all. Glass or plastic shades would work much better.
              What about polarized denim?

I usually wear my medium to darker indigo/blue denim along with charcoal and grey during fall/winter. Sometimes you can find a nice brown or burgundy pair, which would look nice.

Comment

I have an olive pair and brown pair and both go great with brown boots. I wear my grey jeans with my PUMA grey Suede Classics.

Comment

is blue an answer here or?

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                    is blue an answer here or?
                    "Da boo di" or "da boo da"?

Comment

Originally posted by christophe View Post
                      I have a pair in a dark olive green I really like. They work well with most of my wardrobe because I don't really have anything else green. I especially like how they look with my brown boots.

I like grey too, but that might look weird with the sneakers depending on the shades.
                      Where did you purchase your olive green jeans from? I'm looking for a pair myself. I like the colour and would like to give them a shot in my regular jeans rotation. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                        Where did you purchase your olive green jeans from? I'm looking for a pair myself. I like the colour and would like to give them a shot in my regular jeans rotation. Thanks.
                        I actually thrifted them. They're Naked and Famous, called "selvedge khaki twill" or something. I personally wouldn't go for them at full price, but for $30 at the thrift store, they were a fantastic purchase.

I think Jomers has their Italian travel jeans in a similar color, if that helps. Not sure where else I'd go looking for something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          Gustin has a pair currently in the funding round. I really like their denim and find the fits very consistent (really helps that they give actual pant measurements at various points for each size/fit), I think I have 4 pairs now... Two from them, two from eBay.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/jeans-159-japan-olive

Comment

I bought my olive jeans at Guess a few years ago, maybe 2016.

Comment

I bought a pair of black Levis in the Spring and will probably break them out in mid/late Fall or early Winterish. Kinda like the look.

Comment

Working...
                              X