Lands' End Year Rounder Suiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands' End Year Rounder Suiting

I've lost a fair amount of weight recently (Although I'm still bigger than most people here, 46R, 36 x 32 Pant, 17 inch or so neck, big shoulders), and most of my suits are too big. Had my eye on the Lands' End Year Rounder for a while, and the 30% off sale really makes it look like a heck of a deal.

1. Is the quality decent?

2. What is the fit like? I'm not really looking for the super slim fit or anything (size down is not part of my vocab).

3. I'm pondering the regular fit jacket and tailored fit pants, as I am bigger up top than in the bottom. Would this look funny?

I'm a little hesitant to buy a suit locally because the selection is poor, but online makes me nervous as fit is so important. Express didn't have anything in my size, one of the local dept. stores had some decent suits on sale, but no matching pieces, etc...

thanks in advance

i own The Tailored fit in 4 different colors, and they are my go to suits. I'm 6 foot 200 with a 42 suit size, and even for me they aren't too tight, i really enjoy the fit. occasionally i have to get the sides taken in, but it was different from suit to suit. as for the quality, the wool feels pretty nice. It's not really up there in terms of top top quality wool, but it works for a cheap suit, and it definitely doesnt feel cheap. as for regular fit on top and tailored on the bottom, its a big difference, i think. the pants are really slimmer throughout, and the silhouette matches well with the tailored jacket. as for hesitance to buy, LE has the best return policy in the retail biz... dont sweat it

Comment

Thanks Jake, that is exactly the kind of info I need. I think my only question now is whether I buy one on sale now, or look for another sale around August and see if I've dropped another size

Comment

I have the year rounder pants. The quality is great. As a fellow larger guy, make sure they have enough room in the waist or the pockets will do the 'Elephant ears' thing, which I noticed when I gained a few pounds.

Comment

30% sale is about as good as it gets. as for sizing fear, just return it if u drop pounds, and get the next size down. they take things back no questions asked. and if you want to save the return shipping, just bring it to Sears for a refunded credit to the card you used. (granted, you should file an exchange form which isnt possible at sears, if ur getting a different size, so you wont have to pay extra the second time around)

Comment

I would order up and down a size and even in the regular and tailored. If you can return in-store for free, there's no risk. Just turn your room into a personal dressing room and feel free to post pictures here or grab the whole stack and consult a tailor. It's very challenging by comparison to order one size, return it, order another, return it, etc.

Comment

I wish they had other jackets than the window pane and black in tailored fit. I would pick up one or two of those right now.

Comment

Working...
              X