Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skylark
    replied
    I've gotten some comfortable, presentable shorts from Old Navy - it sounds like that might be what you're looking for?

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied
    It's kind of insane that people pay $60 for shorts. If you just want something to wear around the house/while walking the dog, you can find gym shorts for around $10. I normally go with Champion myself.

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    I like Lands End deck shorts - https://www.landsend.com/products/me...orts/id_322094.

They're not athletic shorts, but they're very comfortable (wide legs, drawstring waist), affordable, and wearable outside the house. I also don't think they look as old-manish in person as they are depicted on Lands End's website.

Leave a comment:

• SteelerBill
    replied
    I love the Hylete shorts. I have a few pairs that I use for training and one pair that I wear with a tshirt for more casual settings (those are the one's with the pockets)...and I really like them. If you register for an account with them you will get a lot of offers

Leave a comment:

• Spex
    replied
    All shorts are casual in my opinion, and athletic wear is for, well...athletics. Try some Uniqlo chino shorts, which are plenty casual and I find them comfortable. Cheap and cheerful.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-chi...gid=men-shorts

Leave a comment:

• frankjcampbell
    replied
    I use these 7 inch Under Armor shorts. I hate really long shorts so These are great at 7 inches with useable pockets and non offensive colors https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/me...cid1289313-008

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Hyletes are pretty nice. I have some of those for crossfit, too. Just be aware that a lot of their models don’t have regular pockets, just weird side zip ones. I think I like the model with regular pockets best.

Leave a comment:

• mmicg
    replied
    I'm not sure why, but I think I like those Hylete's the best. A little outside of my budget, but found a coupon code to bring them down to about $45 a piece for two. Gunna give them a shot. Thanks for your help everyone.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Vuori is probably one of my favorite “athleisure” brands. I use their shorts primarily for crossfit, but also for swimming and other warm weather outdoor activities, especially when I want a little more coverage compared to my more European-style swim trunks. They’re running a sale on their website right now that brings their shorts down close to your price range. I like the Banks (unlined, board short-ish) and Trail (lined, more gym short-ish) models best. The inseams are relatively long but should still hit at or above the knee and the sizing runs a little big (I am normally between a small and a medium, I go small on these).

REI sells them in-store so you can check your preferred size/style in-person and then buy online from Vuori’s sale if you want to save some money. Assuming you are near an REI.

Leave a comment:

• SteelerBill
    replied
    I just re-read this. The shorts I mentioned are not cheap

Leave a comment:

• SteelerBill
    replied
    I love Public Rec pants and am considering their shorts as well. HYLETE also has good casual shorts

Leave a comment:

• mmicg
    replied
    Definitely looking for more "athletic" shorts than "casual". I'm replacing baggy basketball shorts. I would really love to keep them under $40.

Leave a comment:

• .brian.
    replied
    Uniqlo Dry Stretch Easy Shorts. Love them.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied
    What are you looking to spend? Are these intended to be gym short material or more for use as shorts generally?

A good medium that I've come to love wearing for both gym and casual/bumming are Outdoor Voices shorts. A little pricey at $65, but really comfortable, not too short or long, nice basic colors and a little texture to the color. Drawstring waist, but also doesn't absolutely scream gym due to no logos or crazy stripes/patterns, etc.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    I think there is a difference between casual and athletic shorts. Casual shorts to me are old navy chino types that I usually get 1" above the knee and use those when going out and about. They are the right price with a decent style but I wouldn't mind if they got banged up.

Gym type shorts are different and while I've run errands in them it's usually after the gym etc. These are my go to type around the house and gym. For those I love the Nike Dri-FIT Men's 9" Training Shorts, they are not way too short, not baggy like basketball shorts, come in nice standard colors that are not overally logo'd, etc. I've had a few pairs for several years and they hold up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X