Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Alpha Khakis #shamelessplug

Hey guys,

This is a completely shameless plug, but thought y'all might be interested in the giveaway we have going with Dockers right now. One of our readers is going to score a free pair of Alpha Khakis. Winner will be chosen at random next Tuesday.

http://bowtiesandboatshoes.com/?p=5387

RHS

Not to detract from the offer, but don't alpha khakis fit snug to your ankles like a pair of sweatpants? I had to peel those things off me last time I tried them on... Am I thinking of the wrong khakis?

Comment

I agree, not only that, they're a little snug all around. I wear 511's on a normal basis and I still think the alpha is a little too tight. They need to find a fit between the D1s (which are nice, but sometimes a little baggy around the ankle) and the alpha.

Comment

I have a pair of Alpha's and they fit great. I don't have the largest legs, but I don't have chicken legs either.

Comment

They are definitely slim, but for summer wear I really like them. Either way, we have a couple more giveaways lined up in the next few weeks, so if free is the price for you, keep an eye out.

RHS

Comment

I love my alpha khakis, no problem in the ankle department. Absolutely love the quality and material. I also have twill 511s, which I find are a slimmer fit than the alphas. I usually size up the length on the 511 and have them hemmed for a slightly larger ankle opening. This is my experience with size 33s in both styles, but I'll also add that I could afford to be a couple inches skinnier in the stomach so if you have washboard abs you might end up with something too tight.. Now D1s, I bought some slim cargo pants on final sale, for fun, intthe same size 33 and they are HUGE. Just another example of how inconsistent they are with their supposed fits.

Comment

All humility aside, I look incredible wearing anything. The Alpha Khakis are among my favorite pants. I grabbed GTH color, so I can't wear them every day. Agree with VespaMatt that they are not as tapered as twill 511s.

Nice to hear about the giveaways! Keep it up B&B!

Comment

So in a nutshell, if you weigh 120 - 140, you'll look good in them? lol

I still can't get over how a grown man can weigh that little. What the hell are you guys eating?!

Comment

You definitely don't need to weigh 120-140 for these, I'm 6ft and range between 165 and 168 and they fit just fine.

Comment

Just joking using some arbitrary numbers, though 165 for 6' is very slim. I'm 5'9" / 170..

Comment

6'2", 200 here. Pretty big guy. I like the Alphas. (But I've got chicken legs to go along with my broad shoulders.)

Comment

I found a pair last night (they are somewhat rare where I live), but didn't have the time to try them. I'll give them a shot this Saturday.

And frost, I'm 120 pounds at 5'6". I can eat all the poutine I want and not gain an ounce.

Comment

Working...
                        X