Buttons on GAP Ticket Pocket Tailored Cotton Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buttons on GAP Ticket Pocket Tailored Cotton Blazer

Just picked one of these up, had to size down to 40R (or maybe that's what I actually am) and it fits perfect right off the rack. I couldn't be happier. However, do the black buttons limit what I can wear it with? I will wear it with jeans mostly but am worried that it won't look right with brown shoes/belt. What do you guys think?

By the way, it was 30% off in store yesterday.

What was the cost? Call up your local taylor to determine how much they'd charge to sew on new buttons...I did this to mine a few months ago, I found one place charged $1/button while others charged $3 button...Changing the button also makes it a more custom look vs OTR...

Comment

Yeah if you're worried about it just change out the buttons. Easy enough to do on your own, and if you don't know how it's probably time to learn anyway.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

@JagMan, it was $80 out the door. What color buttons did you put on it?

Any suggestions on alternative button colors?

Comment

Mine came with "fancy stamped" brass buttons, I put on a silver/pewter color...Still stamped just a lot more conservative...Cost less than $5 I think, at the hobby lobby (there's also fabric stores, Micheal's craft stores, etc)...I went that color every cuff link and watch & cufflink I own has a stainless or tungston bezel...

When going to a store like that, if you want to brush up on your "game" whether or not you're with someone, wear your blazer/jacket in there...When you find some buttons you like, find any pretty girl and say "Let me get your opinion, should I change out these buttons or keep them as is?" lol

Comment

Haha thanks for the input. Something I'm still curious about though. Would the black buttons look weird/not right if I wear a brown belt/shoes?

Comment

IMO, yes, but odds are you'd be better dressed than 90% of population...I'd rather have black than brown buttons...If you go with silver buttons it goes with almost any shoe color...

Comment

I don't even think about the color of the buttons. You would be perfectly fine wearing that the way it is with any color shoes or belt or with jeans.

Comment

Working...
                X