Black Pinstripe Suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Pinstripe Suit

This might be a quickie. I have a Black Pinstripe suit sitting in my closet. It's tailored to fit me and I don't wear it because I don't really know how to anymore. Especially since in the last year my style has changed.

I don't want to let it go to waste. So does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

I don't remember who wrote it, but someone once said that black suits are for funerals and black pinstripe suits are for jazz funerals.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Ha. I like that. Black pinstripe is tough. Definitely solid shirt, simple tie. It's a little too formal for casual wear. Maybe a night at the opera?

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

It doesn't strike me as a "daytime" suit, but maybe for a date night at a nice restaurant?Maybe consider going tieless? Or who knows... Mabye you'll be attending a jazz funeral in the near future. I would have a very difficult time parting with a suit that fit unless it was absolutely outrageous.

Comment

Lol Jazz Funeral...that made me laugh. Ugh it looks like I'm keeping that suit in the closet for a while. I have a wedding to go to in November. I might wear it then. I did use to wear the white shirt and skinny black tie with it but I looked way to formal for anything I ever wore it to.

Thanks guys for the input.

Comment

VinnyV, do you happen to have a strong Italian or New Jersey accent? Can you get away with calling people "wiseguy"?

Comment

Working...
            X