Short sleeve button down shirts anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark4 View Post
    Key is do not go dress shirty with them - get them in a more casual fabric with maybe a camp collar (doesn't have to be but they are inherently more casual) with some kind of print or pattern. Do not go wrinkle free or dress shirt material, and pay attention to the fit.
    Yes. And solids are OK if on the casual side in terms of color and texture. I have a dark navy OCBD shirt like that.

Comment

A shirt sleeve "dress shrit" for the office - no. Double no, if you wear it with a tie. A short sleeve casusl shirt in a print or linen - passable. I personally still prefer the look of a casual shirt with the sleeves rolled up, plus you wear them in cooler weather. I can't think of a situation where I would need a dressier short sleeve shirt at all. I don't work outside, but inside a temperature controlled office.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        Anyone here wearing short sleeve button downs in warm weather?
        I need to confirm this when summer comes, but my long sleeve shirt is never too hot. I prefer long sleeve actually for sun protection. I roll up when I wanna blend in with the mass, or when the sleeves (usually of a linen shirt) have shrunk.

Comment

I only see short sleeve button ups/downs looking good if they are casual (softer fabric) and untucked. That would not really fly in many offices unless it's a relaxed office culture. I have a couple in plaid that I wear with shorts on especially hot days (bonus points in that the plaid pattern often helps take the focus off the fact that I may be sweating through my shirt!). I have a pretty cool linen popover short sleeve in navy with subtle red stripes that looks great for the beach or roaming around tropical locals (recently wore in Rio), but again, not really close to office wearable!

Comment

Anyone here wearing short sleeve button downs in warm weather? Or are polos the way to go? And even though I am referencing casual wear by asking the question, for me I can't get the image of Detective Sipowicz out of me head every time I see someone wearing a short sleeve button down.

That said, I do have some older gentlemen (and some not so older gents) in my office who do dress like this in the summer months.
            I live in Houston(and Mexico City) as much as I love long sleeves, I have to go short sleeves for at least 3 months out of the year. My short sleeve only makes up about 3 shirts(linen) on my wardrobe but I have about 10 luxury touch polos from Banana republic (I love these polos!). I'm a polo shirt guy for Summer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t have the biceps for short sleeves. Rolled long sleeves, including polos, look better on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone here wearing short sleeve button downs in warm weather? Or are polos the way to go? And even though I am referencing casual wear by asking the question, for me I can't get the image of Detective Sipowicz out of me head every time I see someone wearing a short sleeve button down.

That said, I do have some older gentlemen (and some not so older gents) in my office who do dress like this in the summer months.
                It's interesting you mention that! For me, I get image of Dwight Schrute with his mustard shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by mochi123 View Post
                  It's interesting you mention that! For me, I get image of Dwight Schrute with his mustard shirt.

Comment

I personally still prefer the look of a casual shirt with the sleeves rolled up
                    I agree totally. I personally do not care for short sleeve button downs of any kind. That's just my preference. However, I think we can all agree that one should not wear a SSBD with a tie. It's an awful look - like a business suit with knee-length trousers. If the situation calls for a tie, then it calls for a traditional OCBD.

For short sleeve shirt, I prefer a nice polo/golf shirt. Again, personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by koltrane View Post
                      I agree totally. I personally do not care for short sleeve button downs of any kind. That's just my preference. However, I think we can all agree that one should not wear a SSBD with a tie. It's an awful look - like a business suit with knee-length trousers.

This +1000. I have plenty of short sleeve shirts, but they are all casual cuts for wearing untucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Spex View Post
                        I personally still prefer the look of a casual shirt with the sleeves rolled up, plus you wear them in cooler weather. I can't think of a situation where I would need a dressier short sleeve shirt at all. I don't work outside, but inside a temperature controlled office.
                        See this has been by go-to for a long while. Just rolling up the sleeves of an OCBD. But it does tend to get a little hot during the summer so I was looking for something lighter. Plus the wife keeps mocking me about always wearing an OCBD so if I can figure out out some good middle ground I thought I why not?

Comment

See this has been by go-to for a long while. Just rolling up the sleeves of an OCBD. But it does tend to get a little hot during the summer so I was looking for something lighter. Plus the wife keeps mocking me about always wearing an OCBD so if I can figure out out some good middle ground I thought I why not?
                          In those situations, I just take my OCBD off and keep the t-shirt on. But when it's hot and muggy out, but I still wanna be presentable, I would probably consider a well fitting polo shirt.

Comment

Working...
                          X