Show Off Your Shine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Off Your Shine!

After wearing them, my next favorite thing to do with my shoes is to put a great shine on them. I spent about an hour last night on these. So, I showed mine, now you show yours. BTW: AE MacNeil in ox blood.

It's Friday--hit me with your best shine!

Last edited by mebejoseph; May 11, 2018, 01:38 PM.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

I'm a bit busy to take the time to properly post-process these but here's a generic representation. Still works in progress.

Strands by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Park Aves by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

[MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION]

Nice--I thought I would be seeing some of yours. I was super impressed with the shine you put on those cordovan boots!

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
        [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION]

Nice--I thought I would be seeing some of yours. I was super impressed with the shine you put on those cordovan boots!
        Obliged, but in the spirit of transparency shell is way easier than calf. Cordovan cream and brush. Not 374 super thin layers of wax

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
          Obliged, but in the spirit of transparency shell is way easier than calf. Cordovan cream and brush. Not 374 super thin layers of wax
          I was wondering about that. I have never owned a pair of cordovan shell shoes and I don't know that I want to make that large of an investment.

But thanks for giving me a bit more incentive to think about doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
            I was wondering about that. I have never owned a pair of cordovan shell shoes and I don't know that I want to make that large of an investment.

But thanks for giving me a bit more incentive to think about doing it.
            The AE seconds frequently go to 399 on shoebank. My Daltons are seconds. You get 50 cents if you can find the flaw

Comment

The AE seconds frequently go to 399 on shoebank. My Daltons are seconds. You get 50 cents if you can find the flaw
              I blew them up full size on my 32 inch screen and I can't see anything.

Comment

The flaw is they are not on my feet.

I'll DM you my Paypal address for that $0.50.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  The flaw is they are not on my feet.

I'll DM you my Paypal address for that $0.50.
                  Clever but no sir.

Comment

I think there is a extra brougue pinhole on the right middle of the medallion on the left shoe. These directions are all from my perspective by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by zac10sim View Post
                      I think there is a extra brougue pinhole on the right middle of the medallion on the left shoe. These directions are all from my perspective by the way.
                      No, I think there is one missing from the left center of the medallion on the right shoe.

Comment

It's Show Off Your Shine Friday! I spent a couple of hours on these last night and I am very happy with the results!

AE Stuttgart model. I picked them up on a Nordstrom Rack sale for just $173 (although I could have purchased them for only $140, but missed the one day sale--I think they're $209 now).

Another view:

And another:

Comment

Man you military guys sure know how to shine a shoe!

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                            When your boot camp is may-june-july in san Antonio and over 70% of the days are too hot to be out on the drill pad marching, you spend plenty of time in the living areas shining boots. lots of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                              Never been in the military, but thank you for the compliment! I've been watching a lot of youtube videos lately on how to shine shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X