Show Off Your Shine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    These look way better in person. Guess I don’t know how to take shiny photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    95% of my stuff looks way better in person than it does on them innernetz. Full on button boot envy. Bonafe last doesnt really work for me so odds are I'm going to do something really dumb and get some button boots once my Russian Reindeer are done. I mean Cleverley will have a last for me so....might as well right?
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
      95% of my stuff looks way better in person than it does on them innernetz. Full on button boot envy. Bonafe last doesnt really work for me so odds are I'm going to do something really dumb and get some button boots once my Russian Reindeer are done. I mean Cleverley will have a last for me so....might as well right?
      These are made to order JFitzpatrick. I can't remember which last.

But once you've got a bespoke last, it seems to make sense to use it again. Looking forward to seeing the Russian Reindeer boots!
      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

These are made to order JFitzpatrick. I can't remember which last.

But once you've got a bespoke last, it seems to make sense to use it again. Looking forward to seeing the Russian Reindeer boots!
        it'll be a minute. the reindeer are first, then probably some black captoes, *THEN* maybe a button boot. or maybe a patent oxford after the captoe, THEN the button. i can wear the patent with both black tie and a few uniform combinations for work, so....sensible right?

Comment

Thumbs up for Saphir?

20200202_192506 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

20200202_192523 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Comment

Oh yes, Saphir is outstanding.

But it did take a little work from you as well.

Great job!

What are the boots?
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Oh yes, Saphir is outstanding.

But it did take a little work from you as well.

Great job!

What are the boots?
              Thanks bruv.

AE First Ave.

Comment

They seem to have used an undersized toepuff on these, causing creasing and wax cracking on the medallion area, but I do what I can. I don't normally get super excited about any particular item of clothing, but the midnight Cornwallis was one of my first Dappered- inspired acquisitions and I was decidedly stoked when they arrived.

Comment

[MENTION=20888]stuffedsuperdud[/MENTION] are those shoes blue in colour? I do like the look of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    [MENTION=20888]stuffedsuperdud[/MENTION] are those shoes blue in colour? I do like the look of them.
                    Yah! In fall 2016 AE took a bunch of models and made them in midnight blue. I had been lusting after the Cornwallis since Joe talked about them several months prior, and this was the perfect opportunity. I frequently wear them in place of black captoes, as they look quite black/conservative under some lighting, but under sunlight from certain angles look almost bright blue. Stylistically, they are quite a deviation from AE's core of blobby brogues, but a welcome one; the plain toe with medallion, Adelaide style lacing, and extensive pinking were all quite bold deviations, which are just interesting enough to be unique without crossing into superdapperdandy. The 1943 last itself adds a welcome touch of European flair to a somewhat stodgy lineup, which might have something to do with why the first two models were named after the Battle of Yorktown and Lord Cornwallis, the Redcoat commander who took it on the chin that fateful October of 1781, though the exact joke in there I don't quite follow.

Comment

Originally posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
                      Yah! In fall 2016 AE took a bunch of models and made them in midnight blue. I had been lusting after the Cornwallis since Joe talked about them several months prior, and this was the perfect opportunity. I frequently wear them in place of black captoes, as they look quite black/conservative under some lighting, but under sunlight from certain angles look almost bright blue. Stylistically, they are quite a deviation from AE's core of blobby brogues, but a welcome one; the plain toe with medallion, Adelaide style lacing, and extensive pinking were all quite bold deviations, which are just interesting enough to be unique without crossing into superdapperdandy. The 1943 last itself adds a welcome touch of European flair to a somewhat stodgy lineup, which might have something to do with why the first two models were named after the Battle of Yorktown and Lord Cornwallis, the Redcoat commander who took it on the chin that fateful October of 1781, though the exact joke in there I don't quite follow.
                      Murica ain't no joke son.

Comment

The 1943 last itself adds a welcome touch of European flair to a somewhat stodgy lineup...
                        Their 1943 last is my favorite. It subtly sharpens up the 65 without going full Euro.

Comment

Yah! In fall 2016 AE took a bunch of models and made them in midnight blue. I had been lusting after the Cornwallis since Joe talked about them several months prior, and this was the perfect opportunity.
                          Wow. Good to know. I have one pair of Cornwallis shoes and they see a lot of action. I remember seeing a pair of blue Cornwallis shoes for sale years ago now and after seeing your shoes I am kicking myself for not jumping on them. Lesson learned.

I didn't pull the trigger because I wasn't sure how to pair them. Sounds like you found a way though. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post
                            Their 1943 last is my favorite. It subtly sharpens up the 65 without going full Euro.
                            Oh yes. I liked it so much I ended up getting the Grantham, a walnut plain toe derby, and the forgotten Washington Square, a black austerity brogue. Such a shame they don't make them anymore, as the Grantham was a very cool balance of sleek-but-not-too-sleek last and a casual style, such that it works from jeans to suits. The Washington Square is a bit of an odd duck I get why it probably didn't sell, but I got it basically at cost on Shoebank (can't find what the actual flaw was) and it's a fun way to put a slight twist on boring navy suits or the blazer + gray pants thing.

Any chance you have the St. John? I've been eyeing it since it came out but never pulled the trigger since already have a pair of those burgundy BR Wyatts that Joe was pushing 4 years ago.

Wow. Good to know. I have one pair of Cornwallis shoes and they see a lot of action. I remember seeing a pair of blue Cornwallis shoes for sale years ago now and after seeing your shoes I am kicking myself for not jumping on them. Lesson learned.

I didn't pull the trigger because I wasn't sure how to pair them. Sounds like you found a way though. Nice.
                            AE made the Cornwallis and a few others in two shades of blue around then. The one I got was a limited edition midnight, which is almost black under most lighting. Makes it much easier to wear. I think of it as black, but with a little sneakysneaky built in. Later though they got their hands on some bright blue leather and attempted to make that a part of the regular lineup, alongside black, burgundy, brown, and walnut, and it didn't last. I found those shoes garish and think that idea never should have made it past the brainstorm session, but what do I know. If they bring back midnight though, I'd strongly suggest you get in on it.

Comment

Oh yes. I liked it so much I ended up getting the Grantham, a walnut plain toe derby, and the forgotten Washington Square, a black austerity brogue. Such a shame they don't make them anymore, as the Grantham was a very cool balance of sleek-but-not-too-sleek last and a casual style, such that it works from jeans to suits. The Washington Square is a bit of an odd duck I get why it probably didn't sell, but I got it basically at cost on Shoebank (can't find what the actual flaw was) and it's a fun way to put a slight twist on boring navy suits or the blazer + gray pants thing.
                              I have two pairs of Exchange Place cap toe oxfords, in brown and black. They're my conservative "suit shoes". The Exchange Place is basically a Park Avenue using the 1943 last. I used to have Parks but replaced them with these because I liked the sleeker look. I do still have a pair of oxblood 5th Avenues which have the 65 last.

Comment

check shoebank. i just got a pair of navy cornwallis with dainite soles for 150 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X