Show Off Your Shine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Man you military guys sure know how to shine a shoe!
    When I was active duty, we learned how to spit shine in bootcamp. When we graduated and arrived in our A schools, we learned to shine our black dress shoes with fire. You'd get them to be so shiny, they would become mirror-like. Granted, we were using brands like Kiwi, I'm not sure I'd try fire shining with products like Saphir.

Comment

Originally posted by rd27 View Post
      When I was active duty, we learned how to spit shine in bootcamp. When we graduated and arrived in our A schools, we learned to shine our black dress shoes with fire. You'd get them to be so shiny, they would become mirror-like. Granted, we were using brands like Kiwi, I'm not sure I'd try fire shining with products like Saphir.

Works exactly the same. Wax and solvents is wax and solvents. You're melting the wax so it fills in the low areas faster than just applying/buffing/applying/buffing.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by rd27 View Post
        Originally posted by armedferret View Post
        Works exactly the same. Wax and solvents is wax and solvents. You're melting the wax so it fills in the low areas faster than just applying/buffing/applying/buffing.
        You guys are making me miss the time I was spending shining shoes.

So busy with this new business now.
        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

JC Penney Stafford Logans

Conditioned, roughly polished entire shoe, wore until that cracked, brushed it out, applied some mirror gloss to the toes and heels, tried to get the mirror gloss out with a skewer...

Not too much effort, but am happy to bring back these cheap shoes that I wasn't wearing anymore from having abused them. Also before pic of them looking sad and dry.

Comment

Originally posted by ianr View Post
            JC Penney Stafford Logans

Conditioned, roughly polished entire shoe, wore until that cracked, brushed it out, applied some mirror gloss to the toes and heels, tried to get the mirror gloss out with a skewer...

Not too much effort, but am happy to bring back these cheap shoes that I wasn't wearing anymore from having abused them. Also before pic of them looking sad and dry.

Great job on an inexpensive shoe! Good enough to wear for many occasions.

Comment

Wife and kids are stuck out of town so I had a few hours on my hands. Waterproofed all my suede and shined the cordovan and calf.

Looking at my collection, I realize that I have a show problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only shoe problem I see, is that you need more shoe trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Wife and kids are stuck out of town so I had a few hours on my hands. Waterproofed all my suede and shined the cordovan and calf.

Looking at my collection, I realize that I have a show problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Great job!

But you're reminding me that I'm way far behind on my shining my shoes.

Comment

Is this still a thing? Have a swanky thang at an Embassy coming up.

IMG_20191005_210956_643 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Comment

These look great!

I shined up a couple of pairs of shoes yesterday, but after starting my own business I haven't had time to do any mirror shines, so I don't post them anymore.

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                      Is this still a thing? Have a swanky thang at an Embassy coming up.

IMG_20191005_210956_643 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Comment

These are going to need a lot more coats of wax in the next few weeks to build em up.....but a decent start at least.

ChiliToes by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Comment

Man [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] you're putting me to shame. If I had my shoes looking like that I'd be calling it a day.

Comment

Man [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] you're putting me to shame. If I had my shoes looking like that I'd be calling it a day.
                            Obliged, but you can clearly see orange peel on the right shoe (which is on the left in the photo).

Comment

Plus you have all that military training to show off/put to good use

Comment

Plus you have all that military training to show off/put to good use
                                Brother I haven't touched polish for military boots in......damn.....12 years or so now? Oy.

Comment

Working...
                                X