X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    All is forgiven. I mean, you really pull off those gold Adidas.

I was sooooooo tempted to get the brown velvet Stan Smiths ... These ones: https://www.adidas.com/us/stan-smith...ceid=543457011
    Dude those are fantastic!

I have too much yard/other "dirty" stuff to get into tomorrow for it, but maybe when I go to the range here in a couple days I'll bust out the Tigers n Toucans and gold Stans.

....that, or a suit with Daltons.

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Aw shucks.

Work-type boots (Higgins, Trumans, Sturgis 2.0, Thursdays, etc) don't get shined. I just clean 'em once or twice a year and throw some Bick 4 down. Shell just gets brushed.

The rest get wax on the toes and pigmented cream everywhere else.
    All is forgiven. I mean, you really pull off those gold Adidas.

I was sooooooo tempted to get the brown velvet Stan Smiths ... These ones: https://www.adidas.com/us/stan-smith...ceid=543457011

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Aw shucks.

Work-type boots (Higgins, Trumans, Sturgis 2.0, Thursdays, etc) don't get shined. I just clean 'em once or twice a year and throw some Bick 4 down. Shell just gets brushed.

The rest get wax on the toes and pigmented cream everywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• JohnR
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    Great job on the shine, guys. That said, am I the only one that doesn't like shine on leather? I like leather to look and feel like leather and not plastic/patent.
    Sure, but leather can appear in many forms and finishes. To say, "look and feel like leather" is describing leather in a very narrow view. Having said that, I like shine on my dress shoes only. I prefer a more mat appearance for work shoes. For me, that is. On other people, I probably don't have a preference at all. And I'm always quite smitten with Prof. Horseyhead's, however he's wearing them!

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    none of my shoes feel like plastic. i promise.

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Great job on the shine, guys. That said, am I the only one that doesn't like shine on leather? I like leather to look and feel like leather and not plastic/patent.

Leave a comment:

• stuffedsuperdud
    replied
    Pardon the dust. I'm putting a mirror shine on just about everything, now that in stuck at home.

Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; April 17, 2020, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Forgot I had these Jodhpurs from Epaulet. Gave em a quick 20 minutes this morning while flight chief-ing.

IMG_20200417_100826_682 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Daltons were on point on Saturday.

20200307_170254 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    I'd post if only a) I did shine my shoes and b) I wouldn't be ashamed to have my shoes on the same thread as yours.
    Elegant Oxford on yt. Great tutorial recently, anyones shoes can look like mine.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    I'd post if only a) I did shine my shoes and b) I wouldn't be ashamed to have my shoes on the same thread as yours.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    I didn't do anything to these but they're shiny and I'm a postwhore so I'm posting them anyway....not like anyone other than me and Joseph post stuff in this thread so if their feelers get hurt, welp.....

20200229_093223 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Speaking of.

IMG_20200223_145338_317 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Dainite soles crack? Or make the leather upper crack? I never knew.

Neither, the "flaw" that causes them to be seconds looks like precursors to possible cracking in the leather on the upper. It's faint--noticeable, but faint--so i'm not terribly worried. Like I said, a guy could easily spend a lot more money on "first quality" shoes that don't last as long, aren't resolable, are of dubious quality, etc.

It's also not like I'm wearing them daily (or even weekly, if I'm honest). They'll just get a lookin-at every shine day and a quick dab of cream or renovateur just to keep them nourished and do as much to prolong life as possible. I don't foresee any issues for many years--it takes a decent cowhide upper easily a decade of ZERO care to really get cracked and gross.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X