• armedferret
    replied

20200422_100350 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Looking great, gentlemen!

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Forgot I had these Jodhpurs from Epaulet. Gave em a quick 20 minutes this morning while flight chief-ing.

IMG_20200417_100826_682 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
    Originally posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Pardon the dust. I'm putting a mirror shine on just about everything, now that in stuck at home.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] do they teach you how to shine shoes in the military? Just curious.
    I went thru boot in 2003 when we still wore BDUs and black boots, so yes.

Now that it's OCPs and suede, I don't know that they do anymore

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] do they teach you how to shine shoes in the military? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    All is forgiven. I mean, you really pull off those gold Adidas.

I was sooooooo tempted to get the brown velvet Stan Smiths ... These ones: https://www.adidas.com/us/stan-smith...ceid=543457011
    Dude those are fantastic!

I have too much yard/other "dirty" stuff to get into tomorrow for it, but maybe when I go to the range here in a couple days I'll bust out the Tigers n Toucans and gold Stans.

....that, or a suit with Daltons.

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Aw shucks.

Work-type boots (Higgins, Trumans, Sturgis 2.0, Thursdays, etc) don't get shined. I just clean 'em once or twice a year and throw some Bick 4 down. Shell just gets brushed.

The rest get wax on the toes and pigmented cream everywhere else.
    All is forgiven. I mean, you really pull off those gold Adidas.

I was sooooooo tempted to get the brown velvet Stan Smiths ... These ones: https://www.adidas.com/us/stan-smith...ceid=543457011

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Aw shucks.

Work-type boots (Higgins, Trumans, Sturgis 2.0, Thursdays, etc) don't get shined. I just clean 'em once or twice a year and throw some Bick 4 down. Shell just gets brushed.

The rest get wax on the toes and pigmented cream everywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• JohnR
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    Great job on the shine, guys. That said, am I the only one that doesn't like shine on leather? I like leather to look and feel like leather and not plastic/patent.
    Sure, but leather can appear in many forms and finishes. To say, "look and feel like leather" is describing leather in a very narrow view. Having said that, I like shine on my dress shoes only. I prefer a more mat appearance for work shoes. For me, that is. On other people, I probably don't have a preference at all. And I'm always quite smitten with Prof. Horseyhead's, however he's wearing them!

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    none of my shoes feel like plastic. i promise.

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Great job on the shine, guys. That said, am I the only one that doesn't like shine on leather? I like leather to look and feel like leather and not plastic/patent.

Leave a comment:

• stuffedsuperdud
    replied
    Pardon the dust. I'm putting a mirror shine on just about everything, now that in stuck at home.

Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; April 17, 2020, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Forgot I had these Jodhpurs from Epaulet. Gave em a quick 20 minutes this morning while flight chief-ing.

IMG_20200417_100826_682 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Daltons were on point on Saturday.

20200307_170254 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    I'd post if only a) I did shine my shoes and b) I wouldn't be ashamed to have my shoes on the same thread as yours.
    Elegant Oxford on yt. Great tutorial recently, anyones shoes can look like mine.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    I'd post if only a) I did shine my shoes and b) I wouldn't be ashamed to have my shoes on the same thread as yours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X