First Communion outfit ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Communion outfit ideas.

I have a First Communion to attend next Saturday. I am looking for some ideas on an outfit to wear. I haven't been to one of these in awhile, so I'm not to up to speed on what is the appropriate outfit. I'm sure some people will be very casual and some will be more dressed up. I don't want to be too formal, but I don't want to look like a slob either. Weather here for the last week has been anywhere from 60-90, but I'm expecting it to most likely be in the mid-70's. Any ideas on what type of outfit would be best suited for this occasion? Tie, no tie? Sport Coat, Suit? Thanks for any recommendations.

I would go with what the family is wearing. Can you ask them? If not, split the difference and go with blazer and no tie. That’s what I usually wear to church in warmer weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It will depend primarily on the general culture of the church, but I would probably default to a coat and odd trousers with a tie, maybe a cotton sport coat/OCBD/chinos/knit tie if you are concerned about being overdressed.
      Ben

Comment

Thanks for the recs. I have a lighter blue BB fall/summer blazer I was thinking about wearing (actually bought it off a poster from here a few years ago), with a pair of light gray trousers and brown belt/shoes. I think the father will most likely be wearing a tie, but not too sure of the guests. I will most likely wear or bring one and then remove it if I dont see many others in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
          Thanks for the recs. I have a lighter blue BB fall/summer blazer I was thinking about wearing (actually bought it off a poster from here a few years ago), with a pair of light gray trousers and brown belt/shoes. I think the father will most likely be wearing a tie, but not too sure of the guests. I will most likely wear or bring one and then remove it if I dont see many others in one.
          I just went to one and everyone was in a suit or trousers/jacket. Not many had ties on. But it really depends on how formal the church is I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
            I just went to one and everyone was in a suit or trousers/jacket. Not many had ties on. But it really depends on how formal the church is I think.
            I think that is what i'll be doing and i'll bring a tie with me to see what others are wearing.

Comment

Working...
            X